• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Huge problem with Live for Speed...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SolidxSnake

Copy of my post from the LFS forums:

So I recently downloaded the LFS S2 demo (I've recently wanted to get a G25 and start playing driving sims), and I was trying it out with a crappy wheel for the PS2. So start doing the training stuff to get a feel for the game. I got to the overtaking training one, the first map with AI cars in it. Started racing, and I got around halfway through the circuit when the screen starts artifacting like crazy. Everything is impossible to see. Sound and response is stuttering, but still continuing. I closed up LFS (via Alt+F4), and my desktop was exactly the same. Restarted, and everything was fine. A normal race with an AI car brings the exact same effect. I originally used Omega drivers for my card, and tried switching to multiple official Catalyst drivers to no avail. S1 does the same thing, but it takes longer for the artifacts to appear. I've tried different resolution, tried dropping my clocks for CPU and GPU back to stock, but I can't find a fix.

The CPU and GPU are both watercooled, and the GPU has ramsinks on it with a fan blowing over it. I also tried dropping the volts on the videocard, and still got no results. I can't figure out why the game is going crazy, other games work just fine (Counter-Strike: Source and any other Source game, Battlefield 2, FEARCombat etc).

Here's a video (don't mind the crappy driving, I was using KB&M):
http://www.bostonrinkrats.com/solidxsnake/LFS.wmv

I highly doubt it's temperature related, my CPU will never break 30°C ever (judging off of motherboard sensor), and I'm sure my GPU is near that range too. I'm just about positive that LFS isn't as graphically intensive as other games I play, so I don't see why it's going nuts.

Any ideas?

BIOS corruption? I've seen that screen every once in a while whilst overclocking (and going too high and screwing everything up :p), and after a CMOS reset it started working again.

Also, your room (at least that part) looks freakishly like mine...as does the screen...
:eek:

Hmm, I can try changing my BIOS (I assume you mean motherboard BIOS, not the videocard's BIOS).

Even more :eek: is that we're some of the youngest on the boards.

good luck on fixing ur pc. I've been playing LFS for about 4 years now. around the time you started to notice you were having new feelings about girls lol.

Well, I did mean the motherboard BIOS, but you should look into the video card's too.

SolidxSnake said:
Even more :eek: is that we're some of the youngest on the boards.
I never really noticed that, but you're right. Plus, we have better grammar and spelling than quite a few of the older members too :santa:

NsOmNiA91130 said:
Well, I did mean the motherboard BIOS, but you should look into the video card's too.

I never really noticed that, but you're right. Plus, we have better grammar and spelling than quite a few of the older members too :santa:

It's all the fumes from the toilets in the blue-room. Someone's gotta hurry up on cleaning it :D

Back