• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recording drums

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AceK47

Hey everyone,

So I'm looking into doing some recording of my self playing the drums. My other buddies in the band are going to do the same. Everyone was going to record their individual parts and then we would "mash" them all together.

Recording is new to me and I'm looking for some recommendations.

First, I was looking at the Roland Quad Capture (or Octa Capture) for the input device. It looks like a decent way to record without paying a gang of money.

I was also thinking of using Adobe Audition as the program I'd use to edit and combine everyone's separate parts.

I'm looking for anyone's input on either the Rolad Quad Capture or Adobe Audition. If anyone has any other ideas please let me know.

I'm also looking for input on microphones. I know little to nothing about microphones and I'd like some input.

Thanks

The more important question is how are you planning to mic the drums? One mic to capture it all or several to ensure you're not sounding like an 80s garage band demo tape?

Well, ideally I would have liked to mic all the drums but I just don't think I can afford a set up like that.

Back