• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Onboard Intel 965 VGA refuses to work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tikithorsen

Long story short, doing a favor to a friend I used TeamViewer to download and install update drivers for a Intel 965 Express chipset for the VGA, which was working fine after that, but I thought that going from drivers of 2006 to 2010 might give my friend better performance if not compatibility with some games she plays.
But after the reboot when the drivers finished installed, there was two "intel vga's" on the device manager with the yellow exclamation mark.
I tried everything imaginable (with the limitation of accessing remotely and that the user at the other end has zero knowledge of any of this) to make it work to no avail, absolutely nothing worked. I tried at least 6 different drivers, every other component still works perfectly.
I triple-checked via Aida64 the chipet and so forth, still nothing.
Even tried programs like "Slimdrivers" but that also failed.
The "Auto detect" from Intel's webpage also failed.

Formatting is not really an option since my friend can't pull it off and the "System Restore" failed to fix the problem aswell.

The end result is a extremely angry off friend with a laptop that has the compatibility-safemode drivers of Win XP.

I don't know what else to try, hence I humble request assistance.

Last edited:
Have your friend send you a screenshot w/ Device Manager open and showing the two VGA devices, then upload the pic. to this thread. Also post pic's of the Properties page for each device. You might also want to post at least the model of board, including whether this applies to the integrated GMA X3000 or a graphics card.

Is this a custom built PC or a name brand computer, such as DELL, Toshiba, Gateway, etc.?

I ask because sometimes, downloading and updating intel drivers directly from Intel can cause conflicts on PCs built by OEMs like Dell, Gateway, etc. I had a dell PC that refused to install the latest drivers I downloaded off of Intel's site and only wanted me to use Dell's own driver packages.

Is a "Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo Mobile V5555", it has no official support/site anything I could find.

That's my guess too, but my friend lost the driver's CD that came with the laptop, so that's that.

Thanks for the reply.

Have your friend send you a screenshot w/ Device Manager open and showing the two VGA devices, then upload the pic. to this thread. Also post pic's of the Properties page for each device. You might also want to post at least the model of board, including whether this applies to the integrated GMA X3000 or a graphics card.

I don't know how I didn't saw this reply yesterdays... yeah sorry, I totally forgot to add those actual relevant details.

Looks like fujitsu still has a download page for this model. Hope the link works...
http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/download/ShowFiles.asp

This did the trick, thank you very much!

Back