• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone tried NOD32 antivirus?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I switched to it about a year ago after using Symantec, which I got free through the Army.

I won't use anything else. Very small footprint and works extremely well.

I have had it since May of 2006 and I am very happy with it. As has been mentioned, it is very light on system resource and yet it packs great protection.

It doesn't update every hour like Kaspersky but it has updated 3 -5 times a day for me on a regular basis.

It does take configuration but they have a great sticky that takes your through the set-up.

Their new 3.0 version is to be released this November 5th along with a security suit that includes a firewall and anti-spam and, believe it or not, will still utilize only light resources. As with any newly released suit I am sure there will bugs that will need to be corrected.

Check out their official forums: www.wilderssecurity.com

What is amazing about that place is that they have forums that discuss other security products that are their competitors.

I have banned all anti virus programs from my computer for about 2 years now, due to the slowdowns of a lot of the ones I have tried. But I have to say, this one only using 50mb max of ram at any given time, ( 50 while deep scanning ), made me use an anti virus program once again. So, in short NOD32 FTW! After 2 years, it still found no viruses.. but I don't really mess around with my comp once I like how it is! :beer:

Just looking for some feedback.. does it work well? low resource use? etc..

Any feedback is appreciated!

I refuse to use anything else :D

On my list of what I have used:

McAffee
Norton - various editions through the years...
AVG
Bit Defender
F-Prot
Panda (LOL)

Lowest resource use of any that I tried. Also, the DOS version comes in super handy if the PC cannot boot because your friend was using norton and it cant fix the mess...

Same here, NOD32 is the only one I'll use. 2nd place goes to Kaspersky, but NOD32 is by far always my first choice.

I will never let another anit-virus run again. NOD32 takes the lead and is the best. Low resource use and works very well!

11/10 From Me

Hmmm, at $40 per year ($59 for 2 years) I'd have a hard time justifying using NOD32 over Avast (free). Though I'm just a broke grad student....:)

I use NOD32 on WinXP Pro and love it. I'm possibly making the leap to Vista64, and I hope that NOD32 will work on Vista64!! :)

Cheers!

I have tried using most of the common ones:
NOD32, McAffee, Norton Pandasoft, AVAST, AntiVir PersonalEdition & free AVG. IMHO the free AVG is the best one and simplest out there. I tried using NOD32 and didnt like it at all. Not for me.

Are you guys just using the NOD32 which is Anti Virus only or are you using the security package with firewall, anti spam, spyware etc. I use AVG Free edition and if this is better than that and is good on resources like AVG uses then I'll gladly switch to something better.

For a firewall I use ZoneAlarm free edition co working with my routers hardware firewall I barly get any attacks in.

Are you guys just using the NOD32 which is Anti Virus only or are you using the security package with firewall, anti spam, spyware etc. I use AVG Free edition and if this is better than that and is good on resources like AVG uses then I'll gladly switch to something better.

For a firewall I use ZoneAlarm free edition co working with my routers hardware firewall I barly get any attacks in.

NOD32 already has built in spyware etc.

the AV package only
the security suite just came out, i am not too fond of all in one packages, but NOD does a pretty good job with it

I have NOD32 and i love it, my dad is running AVG on his pc now and usually every 2 days it does a scan, the computer can't do anything else and is very jammed..not with NOD32...

although i've heard that it doesn't detect alot of virusses , I can't seem to find the article though, but it was placed 8th orso...

I have NOD32 and i love it, my dad is running AVG on his pc now and usually every 2 days it does a scan, the computer can't do anything else and is very jammed..not with NOD32...

although i've heard that it doesn't detect alot of virusses , I can't seem to find the article though, but it was placed 8th orso...

Eset (owns NOD32) is a smallish company so they do not have such a good definition list.

HOWEVER!

NOD32 has some of the best heuristics technology in the world, check that virus bulletin site, and can find unknown virii very easily :D

Back