• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official Playstation 4 Discussion Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What's the problem with the controller? It looks pretty much the same as it always had only with a touch screen on the front and maybe some much needed ergonomic improvements.

I don't think there IS a problem. It's still a DualShock... and it hasn't really changed since the first DualShock. It'll probably be exactly the same.

the touch screen is fine so long as you dont end up accidentally brushing it, you dont want to end up accidentally throwing a grenade or whatever they have linked to the touchscreen. Then when you do need to use it, it needs to be quick and just under the thumb, my experience with this is those are often contradicting factors.

As for the PS move bit on the controller, it just reminds me of the origonal 6 axis controller, we all remember how worth while that addition was!

I cant judge till I have it in my mits though, but it doesnt look that comfortable either.

I actually prefer the PS3 controller for certain games it is much better for fighting, racing and sports games at least in my opinion. However the 360 pad feels much more natural for shooters...

So from what I've heard on a couple of podcasts the storage will actually be DDR5/GDDR5 for the video card and 8GB worth - now they could have been mis-spoken of course.

They were speaking about how the cost of videocards may go up as the year goes on and production starts to ramp up.

If the PS4 cost around $500 to $600 when it release and if the PS4 have a lot of good game than i will definitely buy one.
I'm still play Gran Turismo 5 and Rock Band one or twice a week because those game are just too much fun

Did you ask what is his definition of a high end pc?
If that person said a high end pc is the expensive pc at the electronic store than tell him or her to come visit the OCF rig gallery and the water cooling system pictures.

I bought a ps3 500gb not long ago, I brought it back the next day.. Hopefully the ps4 is better! :D

It was my first console purchase since the ps1 came out heheh.

I thought it was pretty slow to be honest. Also was supposed to come with a free year of psn, but the voucher was for 30 days. Also didn't like Netflix too much through it.. Of course then I saw the ps4 was out soon lol. I do miss the fact that I can't just grab a controller and sit on the couch to game. I do with my pc, but I'm all hunched over because I don't own wireless peripherals heheh. I will get a next gen console, maybe even 1 of each heheh.

Yes sorry that's what I meant :D

I had talked to Sony, after a 45 minute wait, the lady said I needed to take some pix of th box and voucher and they would get back to me within 2-3 days, they didn't email me back.. Which is fine because I brought the unit back. But If I still had it I'd be pretty choked because they didn't rectify the situation.

So who else is willing to bet that in order to play online you will need to pay for PSN+?

Back