• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

750D mod suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperTuner12010

I just bought a 750d, but it seems my 60mm thick rad wont fit with any fans on it, up top. And the front would require me to cut the drive bays, and half of the top fan would be covered.

My idea is to use one of the Koolance fan shrouds, would give the case a very clean and completed look if done correctly. My problem is the 120x3 is thin and wouldn't cover the entire vented top, would see small gaps on the sides, and large open portions on the front. The 120x4 would have the same indents on the side, but would span from the rear of the case to the very front, an inch over the plastic and would be a small gap there as the front of the 750d tapers down a slight bit.

Option 1: Cut bottom of optical bay, place radiator and fins here, all fans will have good flow except for 1-2" on the top fan as shown in the green. This would allow for the proper fitting 3x140 koolance shroud at the top, with a proper 3x14 rad.

Option 2: Use 3x120mm shroud at the top, would allow all fans optimal flow, slight gaps on the side, a large gap at the front. Could fit a piece of black abs plastic and maybe mount switches or something? Would allow the front for a 3x120 in the future or 2x140

Option 3: Use 4x120mm shroud at the top, would allow all fans optimal flow, slight gaps on the side, would go over the front onto the plastic and leave a small gap between the top of the plastic and the bottom of the shroud. I thought of maybe using a fan blank on the last fan opening for switches, usb? Could put a 4th fan but half of it would be covered anyhow. Would allow the front for a 3x120 in the future or 2x140

Really at a loss here, any suggestions/thoughts? My main concern is making the optimal choice that will allow the best configuration in the future for more radiator.

Last edited:
Disregard my reply from earlier, mis-read what case you were using!

Just updated my post, hopefully you guys can give your input.

I am kind of leaning towards putting it up front, maybe cutting holes for ventilation on the top fan. Thus allowing me to get the 3x140 shroud and use a 3x140 rad for a proper fit on the case and maximum cooling when I bring the an sli configuration into the loop.

Why wouldn't you just install a 3x120 MM rad and fans under the top deck, looks like there is plenty of room there?

Back