• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Roger Wilco, nForce, and Linksys Routers...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jagr

I've got an interesting problem. I have 2 PC's running through a Linksys 4 Port Cable Router (BEFSR41). One PC has an ISA NIC Card (3DCOM) and the other has an onboard LAN chip (nVidia nForce Board)

Everything seems to work normally in all email, file sharing, Net Browsing through the Network unless I try to use Roger Wilco (gaming voicec software) through my nForce system while connected to the LAN. The RW works fine on my other box through the LAN (I've swapped ports/cables etc..no difference)

If I take my nForce OFF the router and plug direct to the modem, it also works fine using RW.

Both systems are using Win2000 SP2 and as I said the ONLY issue is with RW on my nForce Mobo and ONLY if I have it also running through the router.

The MAC addy of my nForce LAN chip is the MAC address for my ISP, it was setup for the other NIC card and it did not work then either. The routers MAC Clone is set to the nForces MAC.

All the other settings should be default except things like domain etc.

And as I said it works on everything else I've tried..its really frustrating :) I'm not a Netork guy at all..and I have no "Sniffer" capability..

Would it be likely that the router is a hardware problem? Its new, and its the only reason why I noticed the problem, BUT all other Net/NAT issues seem to work fine on my network, and the OTHER system (non nForce) works fine through the router..

I'm at wits end..anyone have any ideas?

THe same setup is on both in Win2K.. is there something I'm missing?

Thanks for any help..hard to find someone with the exact setup (nForce and Linksys) but thers always hope :)

P.S. DMZ and Forwarding make no difference..

Have you tried updating the firmware of the router? I was having some issues with mine and that cleared some of them up. :)

Sadly yes :)

The really annoying thing is it works fine through my non nVidia system on the SAME Router :)

I'm wondering if its maybe something to do with the settings on the system and not the router...

Thanks for the reply though..when I got the email notice I was excied :)

Back