• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6600GT Or Sony PSP?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mista ting

i got 250$ to burn so i have the tougf decision of the 6600GT Or The Sony PSP
i dont got any consoles just pc so hm.., what would you get? ^_^

Why should he get the 6600GT, that 9800 Pro flashed or softmodded to an XT is on par and or beats it in various games, the only thing it lacks is SM 3.0 support

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
6600gt hands down. the psp has issues with the square and triangle(?) buttons sticking when you play.

meh, that is fixed in the american copy!

if you got a 9800pro get an PSP no need for a 6600GT

yea the 6600GT i would think would be a better video card, but not by much. If you were talking about a 6800 then thats a different story and price figure. Not worth spending 200-250 bucks on a video card that will show only a slight margin of performance increase.

i would hold off on the psp for now....

there are a lot of issues with dead pixels.....wait till sony gets that sorted out then buy....

hm got a point there on the 6600GT, my friend got the psp and he got a few dead pixels and the buttons do get stuck :O! the lcd is not even protected by a plastic :eek: when will the new versions of the psp come out :O?

did he get one of the first shipment PSP's? I have a friend who works at gamestop, who said that the first psps are actaully japanese models. From here on out, all the PSPs are somehow revised, fixing the button sticking. I'd get a psp. But i just bought a 6600gt, so i'm not quite rolling in dough

Guys do you look into his sig even?
If that 9800 @ XT is still in there than a 6600 GT is just a waste of money.
I had a 9700 NP @9800 PRO -> went for 6800 ULTRA that's on RMA now. I got a 6600 GT in the meantime that comes at 525/1.05ghz stock and i can tell you it's not much faster than the old 9800 PRO. Sure it is a bit faster but i wouldn't call that an upgrade.

Go for the PSP. If you upgrade from a 9800@XT i wouldn't go for anything less than a 6800 GT.

PSP HANDS DOWN. This thing is Amazing. Its EVERYTHING in one. Its great. You CAn use it as a MP3 player, You can put your DVD's on it. You can do so Much. Its hands down 100% better than a Nitendo. The graphics are amazing on it. Heck im 39 years young, And i even bought one. I HAvent played my computer games in a week now LOLOL.

Harry

$250 will get you just the basic PSP. You still gotta buy memory, hardware, batteries (lots of batteries), ...oh yeah, and the GAMES (50 bucks a pop). There is only like 2 games out for it right now anyhow. Besides, all that squinting is bad for your eyesight.

The 6600GT will work with your existing hardware for a little while until it is quickly outdated. Or you do something stupid, like kill it trying to mod it. Or you get one that doesn't clock as well as you want, so you have to RMA a perfectly good card. Which is just wrong. Shame on you.

It is a tough choice. I would not want to be in your shoes right now. I would have already p1ssed it away on beer, smokes and hookers by now. These are also good options for you.

I got the solution. Mail me the 250. Then sit at home happily until the Playstation 3 comes out. When It come out I will buy me a new PS3. I will then mail you my old N64. You will then be giddy with joy, knowing that your eyesight is still good, you haven't made any poor moral desicions, and you have brought a little sunshine to someone elses day.

PSP is a piece of crap. I don't wan't to be moving around when playing games. I need to relax in my leather recliner :D, start a game and enjoy it on my 19" flatscreen. No portable comes even close!

Why would you need one? :shrug:

So you can show off to your friends and be cool? :rolleyes:

$250 for a product that's pretty much useless to anyone but kids and that has been rushed too soon on the market?

If you're going to pay $50 for each game get an XBOX or even PS2. Plus that will save you a $100 you can waste on buying 2 games.
:p

dumpa said:
PSP is a piece of crap. I don't wan't to be moving around when playing games. I need to relax in my leather recliner :D, start a game and enjoy it on my 19" flatscreen. No portable comes even close!

Why would you need one? :shrug:

So you can show off to your friends and be cool? :rolleyes:

$250 for a product that's pretty much useless to anyone but kids and that has been rushed too soon on the market?

If you're going to pay $50 for each game get an XBOX or even PS2. Plus that will save you a $100 you can waste on buying 2 games.
:p

i need a portable because my parents always go on boring trips every week forces me to go :rolleyes: so i need some thing to keep me from getting bored to death :D

Man Some people dont Know Much. For one, I Already Have 6 games for mine, The Package deal Comes with The PSP, CArrying case, Earphones, Remote for Phones and MP3 functions, Spiderman2 Movie, BATTERY PACK (No you dont have to buy a single battery EVER). It also Comes with One game out of 8 choices. I Took the Twisted metal Game(Newer version NOT same as the Consol Game). SO to sit and Run down a good product(One That Us Older folk Will Get use out of Unlike a Nintendo DS piece of Junk) Is Kind of Missinforming People.

BTW You also get a 32mb ScanDisk Card with it. $249 For EVERYTHING.

You already have a gr4eat card that will last, Id still go with the PSP.

Harry

Back