• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pentium II LX Board (Overclockable?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spnorth00

I have a Pentium II 300Mhz on an Intel LX Board. It came out before the BX Board. My question is: Is there a way to get into the BIOS to overclock it?

Welcome to the forum!
I had an Asus P2L97, it was an LX board and a good one too IMHO. It had a jumper to set FSB from 66, 75, or 83. Since my chip was unlocked (P2 333) I could do quite a bit with it, it had a multiplier control in BIOS but no voltage adjustments.

What kind of board is it? The manufacturer will probably have specs on their website for this sort of thing.

No

It's an Intel board. So I have no control in the bios at all for these settings.

I have a P2 233 on a DFI P2XLX/e board which has the 440 LX chip. the only way to o/c is fsb (supported in bios). but the board has no temp probe (i have not physically looked, the cpu is in a sec cartridge, but mbm can't identify any nor is the temp mentioned in bios. i gave up looking) so it's quite useless... :(

Back