• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are my HyperPi Times Average?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
SO with RAM what are the best settings to have with these corsair XMS 1600?

I have similar Dominators, and the timings they had were 9-9-9-24 and 1.8v. I also just noticed you're using all 4 slots of RAM, so I don't think you will be able to change that from 2T to 1T command rate. Pretty sure that's the limitation when you populate all 4 slots.

My current settings are 8-8-8-24-36-2t-1.65v

they were the settings on the corsair website, but the 36 I found somewhere on here, I originally had it at 34.

So are lower numbers better, or higher?

Usually lower numbers are better, (tighter timings) but if you're running them @ 1600mhz chances are you might not be able to lower them any more. If you run them @ 1333mhz, then you should be able to drop the timings a bit possibly to something like 7-7-7-21.. but I really have no idea about the tRC setting. If you can't get the sticks to run at their rated speeds (1600) the best thing you can do to achieve the performance is tighten the timings if they're running at a lower speed.

They run perfect at their rated speed with the CPU not overclocked.

So would having them run at 1333mhz and 7-7-7-21 be faster than 1600mhz and 8-8-8-24?

srry i ment increase your TRC and **see** (c, lol)

and i think that 1333 7-7-7-21 will be faster then 1600 8-8-8-24 at 1333 u might even b able to go 6-6-6-**

Duke

Only way to find out, hehe... is benchmark! Try running a memory bandwidth test from Sandra or Everest with either of those settings.. one should yield slightly better results by the end. I think even Dolk's guide goes into a bit of memory tests and running at 1333 with tighter timings ended up giving him more bandwidth than 1600 and a looser timings.
I need to stop being lazy and fine-tune my memory.. :p

Only way to find out, hehe... is benchmark! Try running a memory bandwidth test from Sandra or Everest with either of those settings.. one should yield slightly better results by the end. I think even Dolk's guide goes into a bit of memory tests and running at 1333 with tighter timings ended up giving him more bandwidth than 1600 and a looser timings.
I need to stop being lazy and fine-tune my memory.. :p

Well you were right(ish) but you helped me fix my other problems so thanks :bday:

I set RAM speed back to 1333 and tweaked the latencies as per my signature - stable system (so far).

It runs stable at 3600 with voltage down to 1.375v. I don't wanna mess about too much more so am sticking to that speed for the time being.

SuperPi Timings:
SuperPiPhenom3600RAM1333.png

Last SuperPi times I posted were at 3700 (unstable) so this isn't too far off.

I also got a message from Corsair saying they too would suggest keeping to 1333 as I have four sticks rather than just two.

Back