• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

apps for finding max heat and stability

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

overclucker

does anyone know of any programs for nvidia sli cards to find their max heat and stability? i have been using ATItool but it dosnt support sli, so its only pushing the primary card.

Maybe a benchmark? Try using loops of 3dMarks01 or 05. Using continous 3dMark benchmarks would keep your video card temps up to load and show if its stable or not.

rivatuner shows temps and clock speeds via a graph. But I don't know of any program that specifically test the heat and stablility and tells you if its stable or not. Just run benchmarks such as 3dMarks05 and look at the load temps in rivatuner, then OC it higher and if you start seeing artificats (white dots or "snow") on the screen, then you know thats when you bump the clock speed down.

Did you try that rthdribl app? It is like constant HDR going on... spinning balls around a room with crazy cool illumination points. That will tax your card for sure, but dunno if it will work both in SLI config.

Cheers.

I use this program as well to test for load temp. Just run the app, and watch your temps. Others and myself have found that it works pretty good.

Back