• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New DFI nF4 Ultra-D build...so perty!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hmm....let me see, a 15 minute mod will make my board sli ready........yep you bet your arse I will do it. :)

Ordered it yesterday from electroseller.com, but thank you. Yes I believe it's the best value around for a quality ATX2.0 unit, which might explain why they can be so hard to find at times.

I believe it's $89+$7shipping from the egg though. I was trying to hold out for ewiz to get more in since they were selling them for $71+shipping last week. Instead I ended up getting it for $89 shipped from electroseller.com.

Ordered another refurbed Albatron 6600GT card so I'll be able to do some SLI lite testing(assuming I can get it to work of course;P) early next week. It should be interesting to see what kind of performance can be achieved by Ultra-D owners with modded boards that lack SLI bridges.

Hey TimoneX, if your Twinmos ram has the winbond utt chips I'm dying to know how well it works with that board. I'm almost ready to get one and I'd like to get it with some Winbond Utt ram to go along with it. I'll keep monitoring your thread..... :)

Well you won't have long to wait...they get here today. Hopefully they're winbond UTT. I'm not sure I'll be able to stretch their legs completely even if they are UTT though as I've had some power problems and it doesn't look like the PSU will get here until tomorrow. Curse that UPS dude man. :p

Yes ladies and gentlemen...he shoots...he SCORES!!!

Attachments

• Winbond UTT_640.jpg
    Winbond UTT_640.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 791
I had a very good feeling all day about the package the nice mr. fedex dude man was bringing me. When I opened up my new toy there were 2 perty sticks of Twinmos Speed Premium 512Mb PC3200. They both have the wonderful AA4T sticker on them and they're both chock full of 44D chip goodness. Perty lil' 4.4ns chips with dimples. Yes its a very good day indeed. :)

Attachments

• Winbond label_640.jpg
    Winbond label_640.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 790
I toss the old faithful(but aging) 2x512Mb OCZ PC4000EL sticks aside and install the TMSP sticks in dimms 2&4. After setting the bios for 200x10 w/ a 200mhz memlock & auto timings @ 2.6vdimm I enable the DFI's embedded memtest+ and save to cmos. It posts at 2.5-3-3-8 and has no errors. So far so good. Now for something a bit tougher. I reset the bios to 2-2-2-5 1T save and exit. It posts, but won't get to memtest. OK no big shocker at that voltage so I up it to 2.8vdimm...same result. 3v...still on the max 3.2v jumper setting mind you. When I save and exit this time memtest+ begins running, bandwidth is 2242/s and it passed test 5. So at this point I'm having very good feelings about these sticks.

Next stop 260x10 w/ a 180Mhz memlock. If my math is right this is right around 238Mhz(DDR476)@2-2-2-5 1T 2-way 3.2v. Memtest+ loads and it goes through 5 passes of the dreaded test #5. :) I'm very pleased. I'm going to burn the ram in at this speed for awhile before pressing on. I'd like to get right around 260Mhz at 2-2-2-x 1T.

Attachments

• mem_260x10_180_UTT.jpg
    mem_260x10_180_UTT.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 669
Last edited:
I'm so happy for you (sniff sniff)... now to the testing please :p You must have had connections to even get this ram..... Newegg only keeps it in stock for like 5 minutes..... :(

TY...TYVM :)

I know I was checking for it constantly then on the 12th? around 2:30am I just happened to check and despite their having an ETA of 2/15? posted just prior it said they had some in stock, so I grabbed 2 and ran. Was listed as out of stock by the time I was done checking out. Whether I got the last 2 or not I cannot say. People are being really greedy with this stuff.

After a few hours of burn-in I think I'll run tests to compare them to the TCCD results I have stored. I'm very curious to see how it will stack up to the very potent OCZ plat rev2 kit I just sold.

good luck bro... I'm full of envy.... I'd really like to take advantage of the Twinmos deal if I can purchase two sticks of that stuff from newegg..... Since you have the board I'm considering, I hope all works out well.

Tx. I'm loving this setup so far, there's a million things to tinker with. It looks like my blue storm & 2nd 6600GT will be here tomorrow so I'll be going for some SLI lite action if I can get it working. Maybe I'll even get rid of this vile TT HSF and get my RBX on there finally. :)

Xception said:
Time to update the sig TimeoneX. I am very much enjoying following this thread. Keep up the good work and keep us posted !

TY yeah I keep forgetting...or when I remember I'm just too lazy/distracted. :)

I think I totally lucked out this time. I've been missing on my OCZ Plat r2 kit so I was kinda hoping this memory would work out well...but it's already got me forgetting about my old sticks. 260x10 1:1 2-2-2-8-A-15 [email protected] my brothas!

I tried a 3dmark03 run to compare to my score with the PC4000 sticks at the same CPU & GPU clocks, but overclocking the 6600GT to 579/1.18 on top of the CPU overclock seems to be more than this PSU can handle. I got a BSOD immediately. Guess that'll have to wait for my fortron 500w tomorrow. I intend to run off some p95 benchies to compare high frequency low latency settings to ultra high TCCD settings. Should prove very interesting.

Attachments

• TEMP.png
    TEMP.png
    60.5 KB · Views: 647
Everest...dig the latency. :) This stuff's gonna roxxer when I get it tweaked out.

Attachments

• everst_260x10_2-2-2-8-A-15_TMSP_640.jpg
    everst_260x10_2-2-2-8-A-15_TMSP_640.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 636
Last edited:
lnik dont work bro, post the

Back