• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any harm?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

glockjs

Any harm in taking the ol dremel out and taking a few fins off the side of the HS? The damn thing is to big to fit in the right direction because of the northbridge HS. I would think it would be more advantages to have the airflow pointed in the right direction with a few fins missing vs wrong direction fully intact. Right now the airflow is pointed up at my psu which is blowing warm air down at it lol..pic:

cpucn5.jpg

i don't see any harm in cutting a few fins off as long as you don't cut in to the heatpipes.

also the psu dosen't blow air in to the case, it pulls air off the cpu and blows it out the back of the case.

Cutting the heatsink won't do anything. You want heatsink turned so that the fan is over the ram...otherwise it will be backwards.

looks like an Abit IP-95E mobo to me with a freezer7 :D. I had to do the same thing on that very same setup. I used a pair of dikes (diagonal cutters for all your dirty minded people ;)) to do it however. A dremel is overkill but should work just fine.

looks like an Abit IP-95E mobo to me with a freezer7 :D. I had to do the same thing on that very same setup. I used a pair of dikes (diagonal cutters for all your dirty minded people ;)) to do it however. A dremel is overkill but should work just fine.

you are correct sir :p dykes x.O i dont wanna bend the crap outta it though :/

Back