• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

e6600 OC - mulitplier not behaving..?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IceWilly

It kills me to start a thread on the topic, since there are about a billion up about it, but I haven't seen anything that I thought applied.

Basically, I started by trying to find the relative max fsb I could attain. With a Vcore of 1.5vish I was up over 400 pretty easily. I wasn't going for a crazy overclock, and the temps were crusing around 45-50C at the top ends. Ran pretty stable, decided to play with the multi at higher than stock FSB's.

So i jump the clock up to 8, set the FSB at around 320 ish. I figure thats pretty reasonable, nothing it shouldn't be able to take, only 150 mhz over stock. Thing doesn't want to boot. Yet I can easily get 3200 mhz at 9x356, although it runs a bit hot while being stress tested...

Setup is

C2D E6600 1.5V (been running at 9x356 successfully (3.2))
asus p5b- deluxe
kingston hyper x ddr2 800 (2x1024) (2.15 v)
500 w quality psu
geforce 7950 GT OC (512mb)

so my question to you is, what am I missing? Im using the most updated BIOS, ive followed all the info ive found on what to disable in the bios to prevent it from automatically setting up frequencies... but it still feels like I am missing something. How do i make sure that my ram timings aren't getting out of whack. Someone instructed unlinking them to insure that my memory didn't hold me back... but Im not sure I did that successfully.

Again, sorry for making a new thread but maybe it will answer some questions I didn't come across.

Its a fsb hole i think. try 400x9 at 1.35=3.6ghz

look at my sig im air cooled right now.....(not for long tho yay for water cooling)

Back