• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus warranty support: Not good, not good at all

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How you liking that UD5H? I have one RMA'd to gigabyte now, hoping that it is a sweet board but it does have some limitations.

RMAed? That don't sound good..
But so far I like it, got it stable @ 4.6..Coming from the ROG board and that polished bios I was a little underwhelmed with the Gigabyte bios but it has all of what you need in a motherboard..
Very little difference from the 3770K though, benchmarks are about the same..
What was wrong with yours?

Probably so, just hear more about ASUS I guess..

you will hear more since 90% of the people you see/read about on the forums go with Asus boards. just doing a higher volume means more RMA's and people that want to talk about their bad experiences. being #1 in the market for mobo sales makes you the biggest target.

I'm sure you can google that with any manufacturer out there.....
:thup:

I wouldn't say 90% on Asus, but your point remains that it is a 'go to' brand and has a good foothold. The more volume, the more complaints. You also hear from every brand way way more complaints that kudos. :thup:

That sucks, all of my micro boards I have been building with are from ASUS.

Plus my 6 monitors are all ASUS too, hopefully they do not spontaneously combust :-/

:comp:

RMAed? That don't sound good..
But so far I like it, got it stable @ 4.6..Coming from the ROG board and that polished bios I was a little underwhelmed with the Gigabyte bios but it has all of what you need in a motherboard..
Very little difference from the 3770K though, benchmarks are about the same..
What was wrong with yours?
Socket pin damage. As best as I can figure, the socket retention bracket was to tight or missing shims, I don't really know for sure. All I do know is that it shouldn't have happened. They sent me a picture of my socket that had more damage then I sent it in with and it makes them look bad. I sent them an authorization to charge me and fix it but they are so slow. This started on the third when I got the board and they have not as yet notified me that it is fixed.

Socket pin damage. As best as I can figure, the socket retention bracket was to tight or missing shims, I don't really know for sure. All I do know is that it shouldn't have happened. They sent me a picture of my socket that had more damage then I sent it in with and it makes them look bad. I sent them an authorization to charge me and fix it but they are so slow. This started on the third when I got the board and they have not as yet notified me that it is fixed.

Wow, that sucks.I guess it payed to keep a camera handy..

Wow, that sucks.I guess it payed to keep a camera handy..

Maybe, I have not brought it to their attention yet. I am not really sure that I want the same board back at all now. If the socket is replaced it may still damage another CPU just by installing it, if it is the retention bracket. Looks like to me that by avoiding Asus you may be setting yourself up for the same experience by getting another brand.

Last edited:
the wierd thing is... I built an i3 rig for my cousin 2 mths ago, had to replace tim and noticed that the socket had 2-3 bendt pins, didn't have to straighten any of them since it worked...i find it wierd since it was a gigabyte board

the wierd thing is... I built an i3 rig for my cousin 2 mths ago, had to replace tim and noticed that the socket had 2-3 bendt pins, didn't have to straighten any of them since it worked...i find it wierd since it was a gigabyte board

I think that it may be the gold plating process as three of the pins were longer and felt rough on my board, noticed it before I installed CPU.

I think that it may be the gold plating process as three of the pins were longer and felt rough on my board, noticed it before I installed CPU.

i don't trust gigabyte with amd mobos and after i saw the pins i don't trust their mobos at all.

i don't trust gigabyte with amd mobos and after i saw the pins i don't trust their mobos at all.
You're missing out then. Some of the best AMD clocking boards were Gig boards.
Honestly, every single decent manufacturer produces a dud now and then. Is it fair to judge the whole product line by that? No.

You're missing out then. Some of the best AMD clocking boards were Gig boards.
Honestly, every single decent manufacturer produces a dud now and then. Is it fair to judge the whole product line by that? No.

yes i am missing out on some oc action with my rev3 ud3..my old asus m5 was better then this pos...people had r3 ud3 and ud5 boards warping like a mofo and gigabyte did nothing to remedy the situation.... Never saw an ud7 but tbh i'd give it a shot.

yes i am missing out on some oc action with my rev3 ud3..my old asus m5 was better then this pos...people had r3 ud3 and ud5 boards warping like a mofo and gigabyte did nothing to remedy the situation.... Never saw an ud7 but tbh i'd give it a shot.

Had a UD7 and the M5A78L series.

The UD7 packs a LOT of OC features above and beyond the call of duty. The Ud7 is an ultimate OC board, but as any overclock goes, I think your cooling solution matter just as much as the board, bios and other peripherals. Meaning a combination of Good to better/best OC ram down to the 3.3v battery. A good PSU is always in order for the Ud7 as it will consume more power than most boards having the most hardware onboard along with a big time OC bios.

Honestly bang for buck, your M5 would be a better purchase, but will lack tons of features and hw such as quad SLI and amount of Ram ect.... it's more about what you really Want to do with it as much as needing.

If this is a daily clocker or not will determine what you should spend on your HW.

Had a UD7 and the M5A78L series.

The UD7 packs a LOT of OC features above and beyond the call of duty. The Ud7 is an ultimate OC board, but as any overclock goes, I think your cooling solution matter just as much as the board, bios and other peripherals. Meaning a combination of Good to better/best OC ram down to the 3.3v battery. A good PSU is always in order for the Ud7 as it will consume more power than most boards having the most hardware onboard along with a big time OC bios.

Honestly bang for buck, your M5 would be a better purchase, but will lack tons of features and hw such as quad SLI and amount of Ram ect.... it's more about what you really Want to do with it as much as needing.

If this is a daily clocker or not will determine what you should spend on your HW.

daily clocker yup and i`m still looking fot a ud7 because chv is tooo mainstream :))as for the ud3....bought it because they temporarily stopped making the 990 M5...

Last edited:
I don't know what wrong with all of you guy complaint about ASUS service, i never have a single bad experience with ASUS customer support at all.
a year ago when i build my HTPC using an NIB(new in box) ASUS crosshair formula V with an AMD FX 8320 and an old ASUS GTX 570, one of the PCI slot doesn't work so i contact ASUS, got a reply the next day, i send in my mobo and got a replacement with in 6 business day that was fast
3 month ago when i start building a new rig, i bough 2 ASUS GTX TITAN black, when i remove the air cooler to install the water block, one of the capacitor(the barrel looking thing) just fall off the card for no reason, again i contact ASUS, send in my card, got a replacement 8 business day later.
You guy are awesome ASUS customer support
For motherboard, i will continues to use ASUS R.O.G. mobo for at long at they make them

Last edited:
You completely missed the point of what happened it seems...

The ROG series of products tends to have better/faster turnaround as well. This thread was not about ROG stuff though.

You completely missed the point of what happened it seems...

The ROG series of products tends to have better/faster turnaround as well. This thread was not about ROG stuff though.

But this thread is about ASUS warranty and support right?
To me, the only company that earn a bad reputation for customer support/service is ADATA and ENEMAX

While poor turn around is one thing, trying to ripoff a customer (like what happened here) is a completely different thing. ;)

+1

I'm sticking with Gigabyte for the next build.
Good support and I can't complain about the board I'm using now.

Ripping off customers is a huge no-no in my books.
They dug their own grave for me.

Back