• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus warranty support: Not good, not good at all

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think ASUS got caught intentionally damaged a returned item so that they can denied a warranty claim. They did exactly that. I never thought about taking pictures prior sending a return item for warranty claim. I think after I read this. It definately is a good idea to do so.

:eek: i thought they are no longer with asus ;/

Asus also has cool features :)

They are two separate companies, and have been for a number of years. Asrock, used to be Asus's lower tier motherboards, now they are quite good.

I am sticking away from all those. My future MBs will consist of EVGA, Gigabyte and MSI and that possibly includes GPUs. End of story.

EVGA = overpriced with a lack of features vs the rest. Basically selling the name just like Bose.

EVGA = overpriced with a lack of features vs the rest. Basically selling the name just like Bose.

I find EVGA having the best customer support and warranty. As for the price, not much more than the others. Plus some of the "extra costs" I believe the trade off is their great CS and Warranties.

As for Bose, I own bose and I can firmly say I think they sound better to me personally, clarity etc than the rest of the bunch I've experienced. Of course it comes at a cost. Again the trade off here is innovation and engineering for great sound. Everyone has their own opinions to that as so do you.

EVGA costs a ton once you get beyond the reference GPUs, but the support and warranty service is top notch.

Gigabyte is my go-to choice for things.

I find EVGA having the best customer support and warranty. As for the price, not much more than the others. Plus some of the "extra costs" I believe the trade off is their great CS and Warranties.
right but most people here upgrade before the warrenty gets used or is expired. im sure there are people that have never used an RMA for a mobo.
think the one on my Gene in sig is out of date by now, never had an issue. my issue with evga's cost is the mITX core board, looking over the features. i can get the same or better in boards with a lower cost. this kinda makes my point though, is the extra 2yrs for a warranty worth the much higher cost? not only that but no wifi and no satae or m.2 slot.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157504 <-$129 use to be 135ish before.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188158 <--$219

both boards have 6phase pwm, im guessing both oc about the same.

Personally I don't care if the product is acme. If they have a 3 year warranty, they need to honor that warranty.

I've RMA'd 2 MB's and 1 GPU with ASUS. With the first RMA I learned you need to call during normal biz hrs, the day crew seem to have it together. The night/weekend crew not so much.

I did have to return 1 MB 4 times to have them get it right, shipping dept would send back the same defective MB.

I believe Trents had the same issue trying to RMA a M5A97 Asus board there's a thread on here somewhere about it.

Edit: Found it.

Yeah, that was me. Traces burned in two going to the memory sockets. Asus support tried to tell me it was because I wasn't supporting the board properly when installing/uninstalling RAM. They wanted to sell me a refurbished board as a replacement. I dickered with them and finally got so disgusted that I just dropped it.

I don't buy anything expecting anybody to honor any warranties these days. Especially ASUS products. I buy things and look at them as if they have no warranty. I know that even if I try to make a warranty claim the mfg will just try to tell me it was my fault, and rather than go through the pain and suffering of trying to RMA something I would rather just buy a new part.

I still use Asus boards exclusively because I like their bios the best and I'm an ROG fan. I've heard lots of stories of failed Asus rma. So many that I would never even try to rma an Asus product. I would just buy a replacement and count my losses. Motherboards aren't that expensive after all.

Glowing Customer service would cost Asus a lot of money to implement and upkeep. They're all about the bottom line over there. Just buy their boards. They make a good board. If it explodes just buy a new one.

If it's possible to sue anybody for anything, you can do it in the USA. ASUS is based in Taiwan so a lawsuit would be awkward and you'd never win, because ASUS would send 8 high priced super-lawyers and you'd have 1 alcoholic depressed lawyer with a ripped jacket. :bday:

Also, why sue over a $60-$400 (avg 150) product like a motherboard? It'll cost you more to sue than buy a new motherboard. And if you sue, you'll lose. So why bother? It's just "the man" stepping on the little guy once again. It happens every day. We are fools to think that we, with our twigs and stones, can bring down the 1000 foot giants who tread on us.

I hate to say this, but my advice is to bend over and take it. Seriously. What are you going to do? You can't win. Even if you took them to court, your wage losses and time losses and filing fees would equal the cost of the board and then some. You are highly unlikely to win in court and will just be adding another expense. In future, either don't buy ASUS, or buy ROG, where they actually "care". Sorry this happened to you, but you can't defeat the evil galactic empire.

I had an ASUS P5K Premium blow up a bit at the 24 pin connector and die on me in 2008. I didn't RMA, I simply took the heatsinks off and put it on my wall as art, and bought a new board. I stick with ASUS because I like their BIOS implementation and Q connectors. I have fat hands and can't do front panels without those little Q connector things.

I'm just that kind of guy. I certainly don't want anybody to be put out by my advice. It's just that I'm not the kind of guy who usually pursues warranties. Things tend not to work out well for me when I have, and I've given up on it in life. Everything I've ever tried to get fixed under warranty, I was told it "was fine" (it wasn't) or it was "my fault"... etc.

I'm just saying that's what I'd do. I'd just buy another board. I'm shocked that ASUS (of all companies) has agreed to replace the motherboard. I'm happy for the OP. I really am, but I am also in disbelief.

I don't buy anything expecting anybody to honor any warranties these days. Especially ASUS products. I buy things and look at them as if they have no warranty. I know that even if I try to make a warranty claim the mfg will just try to tell me it was my fault, and rather than go through the pain and suffering of trying to RMA something I would rather just buy a new part.

We know, you're not willing to stand up for yourself. Trust me, we know.

I think they're just not expecting people to fight as hard as I am about this. I imagine 99% of people just make a frownie face and move on.

The best part is, I'm not fighting because I NEED this particular motherboard, or because I can't afford one. I'm doing pretty ok on my Anus laptop in the meantime, and I plan on buying a Gigabyte motherboard to replace the firecracker that just blew up.
No...
I'm fighting this because I'm sick of being taken advantage.
I'm fighting because I'm 100% RIGHT and they are 100% WRONG.
I'm fighting because of all the people that got SCREWED by this company's evil practices.
I'm fighting because I am GOING to win.

And most of all...
I'm fighting because it is thoroughly entertaining.

I love this spirit. Keeps companies in line. If a company wrongs me for 5$, I'll spend 100$ to make them see their end of it.

BTW, LOVE your laptop brand! :shock: :rofl:

Back