• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus warranty support: Not good, not good at all

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Plus the taxation you'd have to pay to purchase the product in store, car gas $$ etc. Not worth it imo. Plus as stated most policies are 30 day even some including online retailers. I don't think I've walked into a retailer for almost anything nearly 6-8+ years? Maybe even way longer. 8%-10% fluctuating scam, I mean tax over here where I am from. :rolleyes:

Don't laugh, but I bought the 1yr extended coverage from Canada Computers for my mobo in the sig.

$11 lets me bring it in if I kill it, and I'll walk out with a new one.
Of course, the fine print will have catches in it. That I know :p

In a lot of stores here in the states, you have 30 days to take it back to them. After that, you RMA with the company, not the store you bought it from.

Oh ok then. Here you simply take it, or send it to the store and they deal with RMA.

**As respond to GTXJackBauer:
Gas? You can order online :thup:
It costs me 5€, which is like 6-7$ for mail. That's all the extra money you're paying here.
Damn... I'm glad im not in US. ;)

Oh ok then. Here you simply take it, or send it to the store and they deal with RMA.

**As respond to GTXJackBauer:
Gas? You can order online :thup:
It costs me 5€, which is like 6-7$ for mail. That's all the extra money you're paying here.
Damn... I'm glad im not in US. ;)

I think slovenia's translator has malfunctioned and or you're not understanding the rules we have here and how things work.

I am responding to your comments about dealing with a walk in store. You have to BUY it from them in order to return it back to them. You can't just buy it online and end up at the store. :rofl: I think if that was allowed businesses would go out of business from an overly abused policy.

My point is you're going to waste gas, pay sales tax just to buy it from a store and possibly need to buy an extension with these stores because thats how they make money. I only buy from e-retailers and have the manufacturer warranty to deal with. Who says the store can't deny you? Than you have to deal with the manufacturer.

I know some europeans who would love to live in the states when it comes to buying PC parts. (Newegg, Frozencpu etc) :rofl: More options, no online sales tax and shipping isn't too bad at all. :p Most US based companies have great Customer Support as well. EVGA, Corsair etc...

I think slovenia's translator has malfunctioned and or you're not understanding the rules we have here and how things work.

I am responding to your comments about dealing with a walk in store. You have to BUY it from them in order to return it back to them. You can't just buy it online and end up at the store. :rofl: I think if that was allowed businesses would go out of business from an overly abused policy.

My point is you're going to waste gas, pay sales tax just to buy it from a store and possibly need to buy an extension with these stores because thats how they make money. I only buy from e-retailers and have the manufacturer warranty to deal with. Who says the store can't deny you? Than you have to deal with the manufacturer.

I know some europeans who would love to live in the states when it comes to buying PC parts. (Newegg, Frozencpu etc) :rofl: More options, no online sales tax and shipping isn't too bad at all. :p Most US based companies have great Customer Support as well. EVGA, Corsair etc...

That still doesn't count for everything else.

"End up in the store"
Yes, a lot of online stores have a 'real' store.
I didn't say they can't deny you, all i'm saying is that the fault made on the start of the thread wasn't a customer one. And since RMA didn't accept it, i made a point that if they don't accept a retailer, it's a retailer on lose, because it accepted that the fault wasnt a customer one(i mean the store).

Sorry for bad english, i'm usually better at it, but it's 3 AM, and im tired.

And by the way, from my perspective, it looks like you're trying to argue here, sorry if i ofended your US, i don't mean it. Also, if you move to US just because of cheaper parts... Well... Let's just say you arent a clever person then...

Laws are much more diffrent here than in US, believe it or not. As example, store MUST cover warranty.

Also, i don't see why anyone would be rooling on floor laughing at any point in your post. :facepalm:

Sorry if i tryied to help. I was only interested in the thread because of it's title and what all the fuss was all about, i thought there was something wrong, somewhere else in Asus except the RMA. (Again sorry for English)

Last edited:
He's not trying to argue, he's saying that isn't how it works here. If I buy something, online from Newegg, or in store at best buy and it breaks in the first 30 days I can return it to Newegg or best buy. After 30 days, I have to return it to Asus, I don't get the choice of taking it to the store for a return, unless they sold an extended warranty and I bought it. Which often isn't the case.

These kinds of policies vary from country to country, so while you may be able to take it to the store you bought it at for warranty, we are forced to deal with whoever made the product after 30-90 days.

He's not trying to argue, he's saying that isn't how it works here. If I buy something, online from Newegg, or in store at best buy and it breaks in the first 30 days I can return it to Newegg or best buy. After 30 days, I have to return it to Asus, I don't get the choice of taking it to the store for a return, unless they sold an extended warranty and I bought it. Which often isn't the case.

These kinds of policies vary from country to country, so while you may be able to take it to the store you bought it at for warranty, we are forced to deal with whoever made the product after 30-90 days.
:clap: :grouphug:

Exactly my point.
Thank you. :thup:

I only tryied to help, but that is why i said: "Here..." --- Because i don't know exactly how it is in US.

I've noticed that ASUS ROG products have better support and higher quality than their regular series. One example , when I had issues with LGA1150 socket then support resoldered all socket on warranty without any questions even though 2 pins were missing and one was bent ( board was still working but one memory slot had issues ).

I also noticed that ASUS support works in totally different way regarding laptops/monitors, PC components and other stuff. At least in Poland laptop/monitor support is much better nowadays than it was 2-3 years ago. My last monitor RMA at work took 5 days. That's 5 days from shipping till replacing faulty parts, tests and send back. It doesn't change fact that their laptops and monitors are still pretty average.

On the other hand, recently we hear a lot of bad things about ASUS but somehow they still sell millions of products every year and are for long years in the top of manufacturers. Also users are giving them awards for product quality etc.

I'm not an ASUS fan but I like their ROG motherboards and ROG/DCII graphics card series ... that's all probably.
Most of the ASUS boards that I bought in last ~4 years were damaged in some way. Like broken reset button on the board, missing capacitor which I found later in the box and some other things. All of that was caused by bad package process and low quality package components. Support said that they won't make any problems if I make RMA but I bet that if it was scratch on some traces then they would reject my RMA.

@Brigapes
In Europe we have different sales law. We can return everything to the store, we don't have to or even can't make RMA in the manufacturer's support. ASUS in Poland is fixing stuff only for distributors. So you deliver your board to the store, store sends it to the distribution and they deliver it to the ASUS.
It had good and bad sided. For sure it takes more time as every company has to send it somewhere but in most countries sales law and your warranty rights say that you have to get fixed item, replacement or money back within' 2-4 weeks.
It looks like Gigabyte is fixing everything in 7 days ( other time is shipping ), MSI needs up to 3 weeks, ASUS 3 weeks or more.
Most my ASUS or MSI RMA ends up on replacement as almost no one will give you money back if it's not DOA. Gigabyte boards are always fixed in 2 weeks.

Many things are also being fixed in external supports ( mainly monitors, laptops etc ). These companies are really various. I remember when we ( when I was working in distribution ) were switching laptop supports just because one was doing something bad and other was fixing everything in 4 weeks+.

@Woomack

:clap:

(Onloy thing is, (Example) when i send RAM to the store for warranty, the exact day they recieve it, they also send new back, so 2-3 days and im getting new RAM.)

Sadly I can confirm that Asus Customer Service blows. I have an 1150 socket board where I damaged the cpu socket pins when replacing the protective cover, I sent it back asking for a new CPU socket...I'll pay, it was my mistake. They send me back an email saying the board is un-repairable and not covered under warranty because there is glue in the corner!!! Also they said, send us a credit card authorization for $120 and we'll send you a new MB....I only paid $90 for it at Frys! So whey the hell would I pay then $120? Also, there's no glue on my board thank you, you must be looking at someone else's board! The only glue near that board would have been during manufacturing. So sadly we'll see what happens but the board has zero hours on it and if I have to buy another board I'll be buying another brand. I'm not married to Asus and they don't have a monopoly where there are not other options. And I only reward companies for my stupidity when they treat me like I'm a valued customer.

Sadly I can confirm that Asus Customer Service blows. I have an 1150 socket board where I damaged the cpu socket pins when replacing the protective cover, I sent it back asking for a new CPU socket...I'll pay, it was my mistake. They send me back an email saying the board is un-repairable and not covered under warranty because there is glue in the corner!!! Also they said, send us a credit card authorization for $120 and we'll send you a new MB....I only paid $90 for it at Frys! So whey the hell would I pay then $120? Also, there's no glue on my board thank you, you must be looking at someone else's board! The only glue near that board would have been during manufacturing. So sadly we'll see what happens but the board has zero hours on it and if I have to buy another board I'll be buying another brand. I'm not married to Asus and they don't have a monopoly where there are not other options. And I only reward companies for my stupidity when they treat me like I'm a valued customer.

Wow... :eh?:
You did mention that you bought the board for less right?

they putted your poor motherboard on a carpet and took a low quality pic of it, are you sure thats asus support 0_0

if thats true i will not buy asus again :( i loved asus ! even thought asus has no warranty here !

Last edited:
Wow... :eh?:
You did mention that you bought the board for less right?
Yes THEY DIDN'T CARE....this is so maddening. My first and LAST experience with ASUS...won't buy ever again!

So now they realize that MY board is repairable and there was no glue....BECAUSE THEY GAVE ME SOMEONE ELSE REPAIR BILL BY MISTAKE (THANKS GLORIA IN ASUS CUSTOMER SERVICE)!!!

Oh now they can repair my board...it costs $90 to replace the CPU Socket....! So I looked up the board cost on NewEgg....$74!!! FOR A BRAND NEW BOARD.

So I called and asked ASUS why would I do this repair and how is it that I can buy a brand new board for less than it costs to have them do the CPU socket replacement....they said well Labor and parts...etc.

THEY ACTUALLY TOLD ME IT IS SMARTER TO GO BUY A NEW BOARD BECAUSE IT WILL HAVE A BETTER WARRANTY THAN MY REPAIRED BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GREAT JOB ASUS!!!

:eek: thats horrible , mail asus this thread and show them how many fans they lost ! + #burn ! Lol

Also i never heard good stories about warranties!

I only had 1 wareanty story on my life : i factory reseted my note it got stuck at Samsung logo, googled the problem found a bug which causes phone mobo too burn when you factory reset ! Send it to warranty , they repaired it(replaced the mobo free) ! Got it back , but they stole my beautiful sd card with lots of data on it ;( also i killed my self to find the model !

Last edited:
DON'T BUY ASUS!!!

Sadly I can confirm that Asus Customer Service blows. I have an Asus 1150 socket motherboard where I damaged the cpu socket pins when replacing the protective cover.

I sent it to Asus asking for a new CPU socket...I'll pay for the repair, it was my mistake.

They (Gloria in customer service) send me back an email saying the board is un-repairable and not covered under warranty because there is glue in the corner!!! But send us a credit card authorization for $120 and we'll send you a new MB....WAIT I only paid $90 for it at Frys! So why the hell would I pay then $120? Also, there's no glue on my board thank you, you must be looking at someone else's board! The only glue near that board would have been during manufacturing.

A week goes by and I get another email saying that Yes you are right, we sent you the WRONG REPAIR ESTIMATE. YES WE CAN REPLACE THE CPU SOCKET FOR $90. BUT WAIT I'VE FOUND THE SAME BOARD NEW AT NEWEGG FOR $74! I email them back asking why so much and I can buy a brand new board for $74....ASUS gets back to me telling me, sorry that's what we charge...do you want us to send you the board back or repair it?

I don't give up easily so I call Customer Support at Asus and I asked I can buy a brand new board for $74 how can the cost of unscrewing the CPU socket and putting a new one on cost $90! I'm told getting the part and labor, etc costs a lot more than building 20,000 boards at once in China.

And to make matters worse I'm told "you should also consider buying a brand new board because the new board carries a better warranty than the repaired board we send back to you". WELL THAT'S REFRESHING!!

HOWS THAT FOR BUILDING A GREAT CUSTOMER FOLLOWING!!!

Great idea Kamran! There are some companies that will listen, but sadly you have to go all the way to the president of the company and only then do they help you. Companies need to wake up. I started a new post on this in the Intel Motherboard section. I hope no one else goes through this.

TomEB forgive me if I misread your post, but didn't you admit that you damaged the board yourself? Why would you believe that this would be covered under warranty?

This seems to be the catch all ASUS thread... no need for another thread on what you covered here in posts EB. :). Merged.

TomEB forgive me if I misread your post, but didn't you admit that you damaged the board yourself? Why would you believe that this would be covered under warranty?
He didn't. He offered to pay for it, then they said there was other damage and they wouldn't fix it.

Blaylock...I stated in my comment above "I'll pay for the repair, it was my mistake". I wasn't asking for a warranty on this.

Back