• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus warranty support: Not good, not good at all

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Turns out my problem wasn't the mobo at all. No wonder they got it back to me so quickly.

It was my PSU, which for some reason doesn't work on MY computer, but will work in OTHER computers.

A little strange, but a new PSU fixed it.

Confused the heck out of me, thinking you were the OP...

I'm just that kind of guy. I certainly don't want anybody to be put out by my advice. It's just that I'm not the kind of guy who usually pursues warranties. Things tend not to work out well for me when I have, and I've given up on it in life. Everything I've ever tried to get fixed under warranty, I was told it "was fine" (it wasn't) or it was "my fault"... etc.

I'm just saying that's what I'd do. I'd just buy another board. I'm shocked that ASUS (of all companies) has agreed to replace the motherboard. I'm happy for the OP. I really am, but I am also in disbelief.

Get an insane person to talk to them...that`s what i did. Because you don`t screw around with crazy, you just give them what they want. I managed to replace and get money back for a burnt amd cpu and asus mobo that i broke...Thanks mom you :rock:

PS: She is the kind of person who if she feels she got f***d she will f*** them back so hard they will need reconstructive surgery

I managed to replace and get money back for a burnt amd cpu and asus mobo that i broke...
Nice..:screwy:. If you kill a board from your own actions and not a fault of the board itself and you have to lie to get it replaced... you are not doing the 'right' thing.

This isn't something I would brag about, and is also against the forum rules.

Nice..:screwy:. If you kill a board from your own actions and not a fault of the board itself and you have to lie to get it replaced... you are not doing the 'right' thing.

This isn't something I would brag about. :shrug:

I don`t understand why they mess with you when it`s their fault and not say anything when it`s all my fault. Altough warranty laws differ, here they have to replace it within 2 weeks of taking it back to the shop. Also i killed the cpu and that must have taken the board with it and i`m sad that happened, the cpu clocked like crazy.....but hey the asked me what happened and i "forgot" to say it was running an [email protected]

Yeah that is just as bad as what they're doing.
Either it's OK to lie cheat and steal on RMAs from both sides, or it's not OK at all.
It's not OK for you to abuse them and not OK for them to abuse you.

Two wrongs do not make a right. You broke it by overclocking and it took the board with it. You eat it unless the warranty covers it without having to lie...excuse me, 'forget' about how you did it.

Now, this thread is about the OP's ASUS issue, let's keep it that way please, everyone.

Thanks! :)

Off:I call it payback and i have my reasons for doing so.

On: Lucifer, when you get the replacement make a video of the un-boxing that way if they send you a refurb with bent pins or anything wrong you have proof of that.

Last edited:
Off:I call it payback and i have my reasons for doing so.

On: Lucifer, when you get the replacement make a video of the un-boxing that way if they send you a refurb with bent pins or anything wrong you have proof of that.

Actually, I was just talking to Bobnova in IM, saying the same exact thing. Then I scroll down and there's your comment. Yeah, I'm going to roll video, starting from the sealed SHIPPING box. Maybe I should even start from the thing sitting at my door step, to absolve myself entirely.

Looks like I'll be gutting my tower again, so I can test this thing. I don't have compatible spare parts just laying around, unlike some of you guys :)

Actually, I was just talking to Bobnova in IM, saying the same exact thing. Then I scroll down and there's your comment. Yeah, I'm going to roll video, starting from the sealed SHIPPING box. Maybe I should even start from the thing sitting at my door step, to absolve myself entirely.

Looks like I'll be gutting my tower again, so I can test this thing. I don't have compatible spare parts just laying around, unlike some of you guys :)

Just strap a GoPro to your head for the whole ordeal :shrug:

How much stuff are you missing to test it outside the case?

hahahaaha! I used to have a gopro, but it broke off my motorcycle on the freeway :(

I'm missing pretty much everything, unfortunately. I'm pretty fast, so I should be able to test on outside (right next to) the case, especially if I can find a spare heatsink/fan. I'm not worried about it

Oh man, so close to the best unboxing video ever!

Well, you've got onboard GPU. The HDD/PSU cables should all reach to beside the case.
USB stick for install/boot.
Got the stock heatsink laying around?

Oh man, so close to the best unboxing video ever!

Well, you've got onboard GPU. The HDD/PSU cables should all reach to beside the case.
USB stick for install/boot.
Got the stock heatsink laying around?

LOL, you're going to make me nervous!

Stock heatsink/fans are generally so flimsy and crappy that I end up breaking them, so I don't know. I'll look in my box of misc computer crap tonight.

LOL, you're going to make me nervous!

Stock heatsink/fans are generally so flimsy and crappy that I end up breaking them, so I don't know. I'll look in my box of misc computer crap tonight.

Yeah, I don't care for them either, but they work :p

How do you break a metal heatsink? LOL! My KIDS play with my stock intel heatsink and haven't so much as broken the fan frame, LOL!

Glowing Customer service would cost Asus a lot of money to implement and upkeep. They're all about the bottom line over there. Just buy their boards. They make a good board. If it explodes just buy a new one.
LOL so Asus should just screw the customers on RMA and Gigabyte treats the costumers well with RMA, Yeah that is good company policy for Asus.

I have had two RMA's with gigabyte and they treated me well.

Last edited:
LOL so Asus should just screw the customers on RMA and Gigabyte treats the costumers well with RMA, Yeah that is good company policy for Asus.

I have had two RMA's with gigabyte and they treated me well.

I don't think Gigabyte is treating costumers well. In fact, costumers are in an entirely different industry than Gigabyte. Gigabyte has no stock in the costume industry whatsoever afaik.

Back