• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus warranty support: Not good, not good at all

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, here's my shipping notification. A few odd things here.

Not to mention THERE'S NO TRACKING NUMBER.

I'm definitely holding off on the survey, because I'm going to detail EVERYTHING in it, including a link to this thread.

skXHIvS.jpg

in case this day ever comes...

could you actually take them to court for this?

You can take someone to court for anything.
Winning is the hard part.

You need great evidence and a good lawyer.
You've got one of those already.

Given the amount of money involved, it is most likely going to be in small claims court. I'm not aware of any jurisdiction that allows representation by a lawyer in small claims court (though I'm not a lawyer, so there could be quite a few). So court costs and a day off work are likely the expenses. And I believe you can ask for the filing fees and your time off (assuming 'reasonable' hourly wage, not $100/hr).

But, NOT A LAWYER, NOT LEGAL ADVICE!

I hate to say this, but my advice is to bend over and take it. Seriously. What are you going to do? You can't win. Even if you took them to court, your wage losses and time losses and filing fees would equal the cost of the board and then some. You are highly unlikely to win in court and will just be adding another expense. In future, either don't buy ASUS, or buy ROG, where they actually "care". Sorry this happened to you, but you can't defeat the evil galactic empire.

I had an ASUS P5K Premium blow up a bit at the 24 pin connector and die on me in 2008. I didn't RMA, I simply took the heatsinks off and put it on my wall as art, and bought a new board. I stick with ASUS because I like their BIOS implementation and Q connectors. I have fat hands and can't do front panels without those little Q connector things.

Taking about Asus ROG Mobo's there is a back log of RMA's for the RIVBE at the moment that i have come across and heard about! :eh?: :(

But maybe that is a story for another day, i hope you can get this awful mess sorted and resolved soon. :thup:

Best of Luck,

AJ.

you guys sure no how to make a guy hate his loyal company haha. I've been a asus fanboy for years, I cant say that anymore.

Sorry this happened to you, but you can't defeat the evil galactic empire republic.

you could be right. i mean, if we actually defeat this republic, we will end up with "knights of the old republic".

-anyway-

that advice of yours should only be taken if all attempts and methods have been exhausted. btw, are you a rich man?

I hate to say this, but my advice is to bend over and take it. Seriously. What are you going to do? You can't win. Even if you took them to court, your wage losses and time losses and filing fees would equal the cost of the board and then some. You are highly unlikely to win in court and will just be adding another expense. In future, either don't buy ASUS, or buy ROG, where they actually "care". Sorry this happened to you, but you can't defeat the evil galactic empire.

I had an ASUS P5K Premium blow up a bit at the 24 pin connector and die on me in 2008. I didn't RMA, I simply took the heatsinks off and put it on my wall as art, and bought a new board. I stick with ASUS because I like their BIOS implementation and Q connectors. I have fat hands and can't do front panels without those little Q connector things.

Except for the fact that, as of now...I DID win :D

Of course, it's not over until I receive the new motherboard and make sure it's not DOA. But, for the time being, they have agreed to send me a FREE replacement.

By the way, I received my Gigabyte motherboard last night. Installed it, but I haven't yet run the windows fix so I can actually use my tower again. My only gripe about it is the built in sound card isn't 5.1. I'll have to buy a sound card. Oh well. I'm not using an Asus motherboard ever again

Last edited by a moderator:
'When I got my mobo back last week it didn't have a tracking number either, but arrived within 2 or 3 days.

Thanks for the insight, I'll give it until Monday next week before I get ready for battle again :)

EDIT: Oh hey, looks like they sent it FedEx, I did in fact get a tracking number. Cool.

Last edited:

This is the worst advice I've read on OCF in days, maybe weeks. Since the last time I saw a cheap PSU recommended, anyway. Why on earth should a person spend another $100-$350 instead of getting the FREE replacement that Asus legally owes them?

That's what you said before too. Had Luci heeded your advice, he wouldn't have a new motherboard being shipped to him.

Last edited:
Except for the fact that, as of now...I DID win :D

Of course, it's not over until I receive the new motherboard and make sure it's not DOA. But, for the time being, they have agreed to send me a FREE replacement.

By the way, I received my Gigabyte motherboard last night. Installed it, but I haven't yet run the windows fix so I can actually use my tower again. My only gripe about it is the built in sound card isn't 5.1. I'll have to buy a sound card. Oh well. I'm not using an Asus motherboard ever again
what board did you buy that doesn't have 5.1 sound???

Last edited:
This is the worst advice I've read on OCF in days, maybe weeks. Since the last time I saw a cheap PSU recommended, anyway. Why on earth should a person spend another $100-$350 instead of getting the FREE replacement that Asus legally owes them?

That's what you said before too. Had Luci heeded your advice, he wouldn't have a new motherboard being shipped to him.

I'm just that kind of guy. I certainly don't want anybody to be put out by my advice. It's just that I'm not the kind of guy who usually pursues warranties. Things tend not to work out well for me when I have, and I've given up on it in life. Everything I've ever tried to get fixed under warranty, I was told it "was fine" (it wasn't) or it was "my fault"... etc.

I'm just saying that's what I'd do. I'd just buy another board. I'm shocked that ASUS (of all companies) has agreed to replace the motherboard. I'm happy for the OP. I really am, but I am also in disbelief.

Well, here's my shipping notification. A few odd things here.

Not to mention THERE'S NO TRACKING NUMBER.

I'm definitely holding off on the survey, because I'm going to detail EVERYTHING in it, including a link to this thread.

skXHIvS.jpg

What kind of fool do they have working there that believes a USB port frying itself and catching FIRE can in any way damage the CPU socket pins? The two components are nowhere remotely near each other on the board.

Yeah, I wouldn't finish that survey until you've received the replacement and fully tested it for functionality.

At least you're having better luck with your Asus RMA than I did with my last one. Had to pay to replace my board, since it had physical damage when I bought it, and I couldn't prove I wasn't the one who damaged it.

A word of warning: Asus is slow to update tickets in their RMA system. On my last RMA my ticket wasn't updated until after I received my replacement, and only at that point (a day after I received the new board) did they put into the ticket the information saying that a replacement was on the way.

Turns out my problem wasn't the mobo at all. No wonder they got it back to me so quickly.

It was my PSU, which for some reason doesn't work on MY computer, but will work in OTHER computers.

A little strange, but a new PSU fixed it.

Back