• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooling Mix

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Umm, have you read ANY stickies yet? It's explained and discussed in hundreds of posts.

Please read the stickies, your so far out of common concepts. It's in the stickies.

As long as you don't use aluminum in your loop, you shouldn't need any additives other than biocides. Distilled/deionized water and .999 silver or PHN Nuke (or both) are all that's required.

You don't need to worry about freezing as watercooling setups using ambient air and radiators won't get anywhere near freezing. And all of the non-conductive mixes out there will eventually become conductive once your loop's been running for a while. You also have to worry about that stuff settling out of the water and clogging your blocks and staining everything.

As has been stated, the stickies are a great resource for beginners. Plenty of great information all in one place, with links to outside resources for further research :)

Read some stickies first.

I use a 50/50 mix of WW and Filtered water of some type.
(no tap water EVER !)

I ran my last / current loop without changing the water and no isses AT ALL. for 2 years

Only added premixed liquid when needed.

All Brass and copper and rubber system parts.

Last edited:
The ultimate choice is, of course, yours but it would be a lot safer, not to mention easier, just to slap some silver in your loop and be done with it.

I plan to run distilled silver water in my loop. A friend of mine has a lab and produces it , I have a few bottles around the house for cuts and illness. the stuff is insane at what it does. I never had thought of using it in a loop till I saw this post

Back