• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fush Zero - Comments / Questions go here (Modem Beware)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
MY FLEETING BANK ACCOUNT: Part III - Dilema Solved!

Sorry guys no pics to post tonight. If I did, they would be boring.

But I do have Updates!

Phase Change Cooling: I have finally nailed down what system I am going to use. Ive been in heavy conversation with the guys at XtremeSystems, here, phase-change.com and asetek forums. The problem if you didnt know was I decided I wanted a compact system with a lower noise factor, but still wanted phase change. Thats a Vapochill's arena. Ill sacridice some performance for form and functionality.

BUT!

You cannot mount vapochill compressors underneath the evaporator, i.e., you cant mount it under the case like a prometeia. So I said, fine, ill mount it up top.

Nope.

Power supply needs to be relocated, and it looks real funky with the design I have in my head. So I talked to the famous Bowman at XS. Problem solved. I just need some massive modifications to the vapochill and I can mount it underneath. So, when this is all over, I will have a slick, quiet, smaller phase change syste, and the only bottom mounted vapochill in town. Alotta work, but hey, this is a Modding Forum.

What I am doing tonight: I'm drawing out all the ideas for my custom windows. I am in contact with 64Thunderbolt, and I hope to have both panels and the panels for the phase change unit, water cut by 64Thunderbolt. Great Guy by the way. Im going for a neat, open air, industrial look with a hint of winter (If you can picture that, heres a dollar :santa:)

What I am doing Tommorrow: I will be buying alot of parts. I get Paid $$. When the parts show up, Ill post pics.

Expect more this weekend. Lattas OC.

Mico said:
Yay! Can't wait for more pics. This is a giagantic undertaking. Nice job so far.

Yeah I thought it would be more fun this way, and get me some good facetime with the forum. So far the only thing people know me for is the Lexan Cube and being an ***.

Also, its more enjoyable when you share the wealth, err share the pictures.

Ah. Well, you aren't too much of an ***, but then of course I hold at hand my own cynical nature. That lexan cube case you did was really nice. How long did it take? Also, could you post your total expenses as you go along? I am interested in seeing just how much something this cool costs.

Mico said:
Ah. Well, you aren't too much of an ***, but then of course I hold at hand my own cynical nature. That lexan cube case you did was really nice. How long did it take? Also, could you post your total expenses as you go along? I am interested in seeing just how much something this cool costs.

Yeah I'm pretty damn cynical too. Gets me in trouble on here sometimes when people can't hear the inflection or sarcasm in my typing.

The Lexan case was about 40+ man hours. I stopped counting after a while. More than half of it was sanding/polishing the cuts.

And although Im somewhat embarassed, Ill post a costs update whenever I post a "Fleeting Bank Account" update. If you havent noticed Ive been catagorizing my posts. It will probably costs more than what most will spend, but if you cut out some of the frills I'm throwing in, it shouldnt be too bad.

Yeah. I was thinking just the case mods, and not even bother with the vapochill and other things. I'm too poor for all of that. I need a job.

Mico said:
Yeah. I was thinking just the case mods, and not even bother with the vapochill and other things. I'm too poor for all of that. I need a job.

Ill throw in everything anyway. People may want to know what "this" and "that" costs. I prefer the spend till Im done approach. Ill probably scare myself with the total.

haha i dont have the money to upgrade my mx440 and you think your ti is old man im poor, i want your rig man its nice

Hehehe.
[thief]
"Umm...yeah...what's your adress? Mmmkay. When will you be on vacation next? Okay. Will there be anyone at your house during those dates? No? Great! And where is the computer kept? On the desk in your room? Okay! Thank you so much."
{/thief}

a long time ago i thought of going phase change and what changed my mind wasnt my bank account but the fact tht it doesnt look as cool as water cooling . that is really the only reason !!

i just recieved my case and stripped it today so i will soon post a picture journal of mine also ( wont be as cool as fushes though but ill try and make it nice :) )

MY FLEETING BANK ACCOUNT: Part III - Something Constructive.

In response to a request, whenever I post a "FLEETING BANK ACCOUNT" Post, Ill list the rough costs estimates of the items Ive bought or things Ive spent money on. If you want an exact cost of an item, or where I got it, feel free to PM me. Ill let you know.

Heres an update till now:

Parts I already had/have-
Eheim 1048: $50
BIextreme: $65
Asus 48x cdr: $70
Case: $140
Lian Li stealth drive cover: $14
PSU: $170
Cold Cathodes, SATA Cables, Sleaving, Shrinkwrap and Misc: $100
3 80mm Antec UV fans + 1 120mm UV fan: $40
Z chip Water Block: $38
D Den Resevior: $25

Today I wanted to cut a blowhole for the radiator and do some wiring for the water pump, so I went on down to the Homie Depo and went browsing. I came back with this:

42.jpg

4.5" hole saw ($24), 3" hole saw($12.50), Aluminum 6-32 Machine screws ($2),6-32 rod ($1),hole saw chuck ($12), angle aluminum ($10), other misc ($10).

I never knew the hole saws were so expensive, but I need them anyways in the long run. Heres a closeup if youve never seen them.

43.jpg

Mmm, Carbon steel.

The angle aluminum is for the frame of the vapochill case. Its lightweight and strong. Also easy to tool. The aluminum screws match the lian li really well. I think Ill use them all over.

Now back to modding. Though I leave you with a picture of my art studio as I draw up some designs for the case windows and vapo parts.

44.jpg

Whats my motivation?

Last edited:
Re: MY FLEETING BANK ACCOUNT: Part IV - Something Constructive.

Fushyuguru said:
In response to a request, whenever I post a "FLEETING BANK ACCOUNT" Post, Ill list the rough costs estimates of the items Ive bought or things Ive spent money on. If you want an exact cost of an item, or where I got it, feel free to PM me. Ill let you know.

Heres an update till now:

Parts I already had/have-
Eheim 1048: $50
BIextreme: $65
Asus 48x cdr: $70
Case: $140
Lian Li stealth drive cover: $14
PSU: $170
Cold Cathodes, SATA Cables, Sleaving, Shrinkwrap and Misc: $100
3 80mm Antec UV fans + 1 120mm UV fan: $40
Z chip Water Block: $38
D Den Resevior: $25

Today I wanted to cut a blowhole for the radiator and do some wiring for the water pump, so I went on down to the Homie Depo and went browsing. I came back with this:

42.jpg

4.5" hole saw ($24), 3" hole saw($12.50), Aluminum 6-32 Machine screws ($2),6-32 rod ($1),hole saw chuck ($12), angle aluminum ($10), other misc ($10).

I never knew the hole saws were so expensive, but I need them anyways in the long run. Heres a closeup if youve never seen them.

43.jpg

Mmm, Carbon steel.

The angle aluminum is for the frame of the vapochill case. Its lightweight and strong. Also easy to tool. The aluminum screws match the lian li really well. I think Ill use them all over.

Now back to modding. Though I leave you with a picture of my art studio as I draw up some designs for the case windows and vapo parts.

44.jpg

Whats my motivation?

HEhe, Keep it up bro! This rig keeps getting better and better.

You Mico fill me in on that info too! ;) :p :cool:

It keeps getting better and better! By the way...is your motivation the fake fruit basket on the table there? ^_^

I think it's funny that the 4.5 inch cost twice as much as the 3 inch. I get that 1.5 inch is costly...or something...

All I have to say is, Ive never cut a 120mm hole before, and it sux. Bad. It came out dang well, but I wish someone had warned me or gave me some hints on how to do it. Oh well. Next mod!

BTW, Ill post pics soon. I'm going to go cry a bit for a minute.

lol That holesaw probably weighs about 3-5 pounds. No, it won't go on a dremel. You can put it on a normal drill or a drill press though.

THE WHOLE DILEMA: Part I - Ready Aim.

OK, here we go. If you havent seen a hole saw all setup and rip roarin to go:

45.jpg

Did anybody order Badass?

It locks into the chuck of a drill and you need a special mount for them. Yeah, theyre awkward and heavy. Make sure you have a good torquey drill.

46.jpg

Upside down and full of novicane. Im gonna cut you.

Now the saw likes to juke all over the place when using it so its a good thing to have a pilot hole ready. There was already a blowhole in the top of my case, so it made it harder. I had to cut the grill and drill through something underneath then clamp the whole mess together. This would prove a good proposition if I had good clamps.

47.jpg

Gnarly.

Now its time to drill.

48.jpg

Im gonna cut you soo bad, That you no wish I cut you soo bad.

That drill I pictured before tended to suck with the hole saw. It moved all over the place, then got hot, then wouldnt cut, then the battery died. So I pulled out old trusty Dewalt drill and finished the job.

Last edited:
THE WHOLE DILEMA: Part II - Purdy.

Lemme give you some advice if you ever cut a 120mm hole with a whole saw.

Light Hands.

Let the saw drill a circular rut in the metal before you start seriously cutting. The cordless drill scraped up the inside of the case around one side of the hole. So I switched drills and pretty much started over. Though the clamps kept slipping. Make sure your setup is secure. After I cut through a bit, it went smoothly.

Heres some pics:

49.jpg

The Yellow one. Thats a real drill.

50.jpg

See the scrapes? But at least its inside.

51.jpg

My, arent we all dirty.

52.jpg

That had to hurt.

53.jpg

All sanded, pretty and cleaned up.

It turned out pretty damn good. Theres a small scuff but you can barely see it. Will probably be covered by the fan grill. On the inside, wont even see it. Will be covered by a fan.

Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Back