• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

From 2.6 GHz to 3.1 GHz in BIOS. TurboV EVO makes my computer crash!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dawidz

So hey guys. I overclocked my computer in BIOS to 3.1 GHz. It's currently running at 375 MHz as shown below.
untitled.png

I can normally use the 3 options but all are below my current CPU freq. se they aren't usable anymore.

Now here comes the problem...

Note: The Temperatures are all below 45°C after OVCing to 3.1 GHz in BIOS.

Whenever I try to modify the CPU freq. with TurboV EVO (the amount of MHz doesn't matter), my computer freezes. I tried adding 1 MHz to the freq and my computer froze instantly.

What's wrong?

Here are some CPUID screenshots.

Thanks!

CPU:
untitled.png

MOBO:
untitled.png

Memory:
untitled.png

SPD:
untitled.png

Oh yeah, as you can see, my multipiler is dynamic. When I'm idle or browsing the internet, the multipiler is 6x but when I'm playing a game, it goes up to 8.
I want it to be 8x all the time.

Thanks for your help! :D

Assuming you have DDR2-800 rated for 6-6-6-18 at 1.80V, the current effective DRAM frequency is DDR2-900 (5:6 FSB : DRAM ratio at a FSB of 375MHz). Lower the DRAM frequency to DDR2-750 (1:1), and disable any power-saving features in the BIOS like EIST, C1E, and C-States to keep the multiplier at x8 and the Vcore at a constant value.

I still don't know, why my computer is crashing after I try to increase the MHz with TurboV EVO...

I have some questions just to be clear. Are you saying you're overclocking in the bios and THEN trying to overclock some more in Windows? Is 45 degrees your load temperature or just your idle temperature? Have you run Intelburntest or another generally accepted stress test to see if your 3.1Ghz overclock is stable to begin with?

If you want the multiplier to be 8 all the time part of what redduc suggested should do it.

Back