• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kepler bios editing questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gregmacknass

So I am wanting to increase voltage on my card (EVGA gtx 770). I would like to keep the voltage scaling with clock speed feature and not a 24/7 static voltage. I am assuming that the voltage table corresponds with the boost table seeing as the number of entries match. There are 7 other voltage adjustments on the voltage table that have no designation, what are these for?

There are 9 sections (3 entries each min,def,max) in the power table. They are not in any apparent order. I have seen a few posts that suggest certain ones are for rail power targets, and one for the core, and so on, but they seemed to have less entries on their bios so I am not certain. Any clarification on this would be appreciated.

Now on the common tab there are entries for TDP Base Entry, 3D Base Entry, and Boost Entry, as well as TDP base clock. They are directed to entry 1, entry 1, and entry 0 respectively. Is this where the change to TDP of the card is made by adjusting their corresponding entry, or does this not even matter and the power table section is where the changes are made? Also I am assuming that the entry selection references the clock state section.

I have provided a screenshot to aid in assistance. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• kepler ss.png
    kepler ss.png
    385.8 KB · Views: 2,747
Really, no answers. I figured at least one person has modded these cards before.I guess its back to google I go.

I tried your idea w/my GTX780, but it didn't really work for me because the boost would
boost above and beyond whatever clock speed I set in my overclocking utility causing the video card to lock up. There's no way to know how far the boost will jack up the core clock speed.

I implemented FalseChristian's ideas WRT modifying my GTX780 (I think he has a pair of GTX 760's). In my case implementing his idea didn't leave me stuck at the max voltage nor the max clockspeeds I set. My GTX780 scales down when in 2-D mode on both voltage, core clock and mem clock even though I implemented his idea to disable boost 2.0.

Here's what I did:

modified the Voltage Table by increasing the first three rows to have the following voltage ranges, from the top:

1212 - 1225mV

1212 - 1225mV

1200 - 1225mV

modified all the Voltage Table values from CLK 34
on down to have tighter voltage ranges and higher limits
than stock

steps 1 and 2 allowed me to finally get a Vcore readout of
1.212V

modified Power Table by increasing the Def (mW) and Max (mW)
values to 333000 or 375000. Some modded GTX 780 BIOS's have
maxed these values to 600000 without any issues. Required requested
clock speeds be set to 1176/1703 to get 1175.8/1701

set the TDP base, 3D base and boost entry to the same clock speed.

Basically FalseChristian's idea allows me to set the maximum clock speed and
voltage my GTX780 will run at in my overclocking utility (Zotac's firestorm) -- because depending on the GPU load, it might never boost up to the voltage or clockspeed
I set/request.

Good luck.

Back