• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI Gaming X Trio 6900XT Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Haider

Hi,

I am overclocking using Afterburner using +12 on power limit and 2720MHz on core clock: -
1708264764717.png

1.) I am concerned difference between the GPU temp and hotspot, is that delta ok?

2.) My GPU clock is not hitting 2720 even though the card does not lock up or anything - 3D Mark Speed Way. What is the effective clock?

Thanks
Haider

From hwinfo....

Effective clock. This method relies on hardware's capability to sample the actual clock state (all its levels) across a certain interval, including sleeping (halted) states. The software then queries the counter over a specific polling period, which provides the average value of all clock states that occurred in the given interval.

Hi,

I am overclocking using Afterburner using +12 on power limit and 2720MHz on core clock: -
View attachment 365167

1.) I am concerned difference between the GPU temp and hotspot, is that delta ok?

2.) My GPU clock is not hitting 2720 even though the card does not lock up or anything - 3D Mark Speed Way. What is the effective clock?

Thanks
Haider
The Hot Spot temp on AMD GPUs is safe up to 110C, so 88C is well within the low normal range.

I followed an under-volting video on Youtube: -

I used 1080 for voltage that brought my 3DMark->Speed Way score to 3921, the average is 4177. I reckon a little tweak to the memory will get me to average score...

So I did benchmarking (Speed Way) and logged the values I noticed GPU Power went from 312W to 317W, GPU clock was 2550s-2660s MHz (2557 average), gaming workload on the Gaming X Trio according to Techpowerup review is 357W, a stock RX6900 is 299W (Techpowerup)
Source: -
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/msi-radeon-rx-6900-xt-gaming-x-trio/35.html

I'm impressed with increase in speed plus lower power. The Gaming X Trio stock 2340 boost clock and a stock RX6900XT is 2250. A 9.67% increase over stock 6900XT in terms of GPU clocks for a 5.67 increase in power.

Back