• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

push / pull set up?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
In order of best performing to worst performing:

Push/pull with shrouds (four fans thick)
Push/pull without shrouds (two fans thick)
Just push or just pull with shrouds (two fans thick)
Just push or just pull (one fan thick)

Move down the list until it fits. ;)

yeah i guess ill have to measure everything first and then work out what can fit in :L

thanks,

just remember with pushpull set ups air needs to go the same direction, never opposite

Personally I have my push pull set up so it runs horizontally pulling in from the ram to cool that and going to the two higher airflow fans I stuck in the rear of the 1200 here, but I still have that big bugger fan over the top of all that sucking air out too over the top of all that I guess :)

:beer:

Somehow some pull

Don't know exactly why but seem to get best temps when top pull fans run slightly higher rpms than bottom push fans..

sorry .. custom mod shroud built for mine.. don't know if its right or wrong.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

{{{{{{}}}}}} {{{{{{}}}}}}}
[[[[[[ R A D I A T O R ]]]]]]
{{{{{{}}}}}} {{{{{{}}}}}}}

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

can you change the fans rpm Manuely?
and ah right so better fans on top of the rad and weaker under the rad, and maybe some shrouds iif they fit ;)

Fan RPM

Yes I can change my fan rpm with this little gem... I have my (2) push fans on one channel and my (2) pull fans on another channel the other channel manages my bottom case fan pulling clean air in and the last channel adjusts my back case fan pushing out.

4 Channel fan controller...

picture.php

picture.php

wow loving the look of the fan controller, looks sweet,

how do you control the RPM'S with that controller, is it software or on the fan controller itself?

Retractable Knobs

yep. .... I got them all pushed in at the moment retractable knobs sit flush.. All I can say is when you build and wire manage...... patience patience patience..

Like this controller alot.. threshold is about 680rpm before turning off fan. The other thing is if you stop a fan or a fan dies.... this has one LOUD A** alarm.

ah yes ican see the knobs now :L

how fast can they spin the fans? im guessing the top rpm that the fans spin?

and ah right, so if you turn them to low they go off? and then the buzzer sounds?

plus, isee your using the i5?
whats your set-up like playing high-end games now and in the future?

I don't think he can predict the future :p.

The knobs translate to voltage. At max, the controller feeds a full 12V to the fan, so it's spinning at it's max speed. As you turn the knob down, it reduces the voltage sent to the fan, slowing it down. AFAIK, most fans need about 7V to start spinning, but can spin down to about 5V.

yeaah thats truee :L silly question :$

and ah right iget it,
are fan controllers worth the money?
are they normally a 3 or 4pin connector that the fan plugs into the back off? and a molex that powers then fan controller

They're worth the money if you care about silence.

I personally run some crazy high RPM fans straight from the PSU, with no fan controller. I could care less, but most people would call me crazy. :D

Connectors depend on the fan controller, usually if you find one on Newegg and look at the pictures, you can tell what type of connectors they use.

ahh right, yeah idont mind about the noise level as well tbh

and running them straight from the psu means they run at the highest RPM'S all the time?

Back