• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lower power build, recommended psu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nfinity

Plan to build a low power box for streaming movies and backing up my other machines in my house.

I found this nMEDIAPC HTPC 1080iP Typical 60W, Maximum 85W Mini ITX DC to ATX Integrated Power Module that seems like a great option but worry I would overload it.

link below to it.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817129006&cm_re=psu_atx-_-17-129-006-_-Product

I was hoping someone knew of another option like this but with a little bit more power. Even better would be if I could just find the converter from say 19v to atx for cheap and then I could just buy/find my own power brick. Or if some knew how to make a converter :). I don't know of my exact build but have researched that I would want about a 100 watt psu/power brink.

Thank you in advance for advice.

Last edited:
I already have a case I can use. And honestly the SILVERSTONE SFX ST30SF 300W ATX12V is over powered for my needs. I did find this FSP150-REBN2 150W Mini ITX AC / DC Power Adapter, linked below. 150 watts would be plenty and I like that its rated at 88%+ efficiency. I know some ITX cases come with a converter for atx power but hoping I could just find a convertor solely.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817104184

Thanks! more down the lines for what I have been looking for

been using a Pico 120WI for my mobile i3 mitx rig, just a single HD+BD drive and a low power add-in gpu.

nice! do you happen to know how many watts the system pulls?

I ran my e8500, Intel ITX board with a tv/fm tuner card, Blue Ray burner, and a pair of 320G laptop drives on their 120 watt Pico PSU for over a year.
Adding water cooling was too much for it with an MCP 350 and 3X120's, so I had to add another small power supply, but they now make them up to 160 W. The 120 would run it all, but I was afeared cause the external bit was getting warm, and it's mini fan would kick on...

HERE is the link to the maker's site, they're a trusted vendor, used them a dozen times. The two I have are still operational, good stuff!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info and the link. I think 120watt is the sweet spot for me

Back