• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1st Attempt at a Mini ITX - What're your thoughts on this build?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yaiie

Good morning, all.

This is my 1st attempt at a mini itx and I wanted to double check that all of these parts are going to fit okay. Any tips for building in the Meshilicious?

I saw a good video online that suggested buying longer stand offs to create more space between the GPU and motherboard for airflow and a place to hide the cables.

The build is missing a GPU - hoping to get my hands on a 3070 when prices are more reasonable.

For the PSU I was going to grab a set of Corsair braded cables. Would the starter kit be okay? I think it has everything I would need for a single gpu setup, power for the motherboard and cpu. Are the cables long enough? Too long for this case?

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E168123...le&cm_re=corsair_cable-_-12-304-071-_-Product

Thank you!

*Edit*

Switching to MSI for the motherboard

MSI MEG Z590I UNIFY LGA 1200 Intel Z590 SATA 6Gb/s Mini ITX Intel Motherboard

Attachments

• order idea.PNG
    order idea.PNG
    69.8 KB · Views: 60
This looks like a pretty nice build. I agree on waiting for the GPU prices/availability to get better.

I'm not familiar with that chassis or corsairs braided cable kits so you'll have to wait for someone else for that.

What "standoffs" are you talking about when you mention possibly using longer standoffs? Your not referring to the standoffs between the motherboard and the board mounting tray are you? Or do you mean the PCIe 4.0 riser card?

Looks good, I will still add some comments ;)
MSI Z590I Unify is the best ITX mobo you can get (I see you decided on that so I'm just adding a comment).
Corsair SF 600W is more than enough, I'm not sure how much you can save on that. I was using 600W with 11700K+6800XT and was more than fine.
I will probably order a starter kit for my SF600 soon as standard cables got dirty over the time and I want something else than black. The starter kit is cheaper and gives you all you need for this build. Quality should be the same as that of cables that come with the PSU, but they will be longer.
I would go with G.Skill Royal if you want to use glass side panels but it's just me as I like heatsinks on the Royal series. Other than that, it won't make any difference.

I know that the corsair sf600 platinum comes with the individually braided cables as new. I would guess that the platinum 750 does as well.
build look pretty sweet to me

Yes, all new SF Platinum PSUs have black braided cables. Older SF Gold had standard but whole black cables. Cables that come with the SF PSU are shorter so when you buy any other set, then it will be significantly longer.

Back