• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help upgrading laptop for WOW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sakic

Registered
I need help upgrading this dell laptop i have. I want it to be able to run games like World of Warcraft and the NEW Graphics of Asheron's Call.

This are the specs:

Type of laptop: Dell Inspiron 5150 (wireless)
Processor: 3.05 Intel Pentium 4
Hard Drive: 30g hard drive
Memory: Slot 'DIMM_A' has 256MB ( I have 256mb of memory so if i upgrade this by getting a stick of 512mb would this be a good enough?)
Bus clock: 133 megahertz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200

So what should i upgrade to make this run good on AC and WOW good.
Also it is pretty expensive to upgrade memory 1gb of memory from dell is $230 and a stick of 512mb is $99

Also i will be willing to sell this if it isnt worth upgrading.... How much do you think i could get for it if it is not worth to upgrade it.

Thanks for any advice

I really doubt that dell uses anykind of special memory, therefore you might find 1gb or 512mb from online retailer cheaper. More ram will help never hurt but what kind of affect it will have over your system, that another story.

Also try overclocking grapic card

Get a gig, but dont buy it from dell

example of dells prices on ram for my laptop vs neweggs: 2Gigs of Ram from dell $1000, 2gigs of Ram from newegg $200

Get a gig. Dell doesn't use special memory, and they'll be happy to charge you an arm, a leg, and possibly your little toe. Eggy probably has the best price, but check around for sales.

Back