• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Character builds for Dragon Age

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Living Waters

Registered
I am planing to make a Ranger/Bard build let me know what you guys think.

ranger_build.jpg

less cunning, more constitution. It seems to me like unlocking the persuade/intimidate upgrades has more bearing on the success of each than what the cunning rating does.

Last edited:
Just put a few more points into constitution. You wont need a lot since you are going to be an archer. I would max out coercion it seems you don't have any points into it if I am reading it correctly. Don't worry about poison making you aren't an assassin just leave it to Zevran.

I just got dragon age.. have yet to actually play it, but looks pretty interesting so far.. opening cred/movie is nice..

Just put a few more points into constitution. You wont need a lot since you are going to be an archer. I would max out coercion it seems you don't have any points into it if I am reading it correctly. Don't worry about poison making you aren't an assassin just leave it to Zevran.

So coercion would have more benifit? well what do this one look like then? let me know if this would work out best for my ranger/bard build. Would I need more survival or do you think one is good for this build.

This build would be mainly in the back shooting arrows and group buffs/crowd control with bard songs, I allso made this build to pick every locked door and chest in the game.

ranger_build2.jpg

I may have to take 5 points off cunning and place it in willpower for more STA.

I haven't used an archer personally but I have Leliana as an archer in my current playthrough and she is attacked occasionally, but I'm a spirit healer and do a pretty good job at keep my party alive. If you have two melee party members and one of them is a tank then you shouldn't have many problems with enemies swarming you. Now there are certain parts in the game where you go it alone. With 20 constitution you wont have much of a problem. I would put more into dex because some high end bows need more than even 35 dex. Cunning is important, but the main attribute is dexterity, you don't need 35 in cunning. Your strength is pretty good.

I think archer is the worst because all of the enemies tend to bum rush you and you hardly ever have a chance to stand back and fire arrows so to answer your question, yes they need combat training and a good sword and or daggers.

I use my warrior's taunt if they start attacking my supports.

Back