• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's your connection speed? Test and link!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
62054241.png

Braidwood, Illinois for me. Comcast cable.

62154102.png

Typical, my host limits be to that much up/down per host, but if connected to multiple hosts, i can get 100mbps up / 100 mbps down.

Purdue Resnet ++ :)

weird i usually get like 8 down i thought

Attachments

• 62156075.png
    62156075.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 2,452
  • 62157641.png
    62157641.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 2,447
SavageBasher said:

Disappointingly, you got 207 ms for the latency. That's high for cable and DSL. Even my 56k modem can go lower than that. Cable and DSL usually is no higher than 90 ms.

That's actually enough to be thinking about getting a different ISP, IMO.

Appears to be routing problems. But may be temporary.

I'm just concerned, because that was for only 100 miles.

I would understand somewhat if the test server was located in the pacific zone.

Prot said:
61974664.png

There you go Mista ting, I beat your latency. No wait, I beat it in the wrong direction. LOL. I just love paying almost $50/month for DSL and then seeing how bad my results are compared to other people.

:eek:

Here's mine with the Zoom 3048C 56k external modem under Windows 2000 Pro SP4:

The latency is bad, even for 56k, I know that it can do majorly better.
I wonder if it's because of the fact that I using the Windows 2000 default settings?

But, when I pinged a web server with 1 32-byte packet, it was where it shall be at:

Last edited:
wow look how a shared network in your neighborhood can affect a cable connection speed i just notice this today :p

61973884.png
^ daytime = ~ 7 mbps

^ night time = ~10mbps

stratcatprowlin said:
Actually they just rolled out an upgrade for us here 2 days ago.Maybe you hadn't gotten the upgrade untill the second test.

for what earthlink / timewarner nyc? im on the 5mbps package

Back