• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone know where to get a semi bare bones Laptop.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Semyaza

I like the look of the System76 set ups but of course like all manufacturers the upgrade prices are at a high mark up.

Link to one I was/am looking at https://www.system76.com/laptops/model/kudp1.

I sent an email asking if the would send me one without a hard drive or memory. Ideally I would like to get a huge arse case like this with processor already installed so I don't have to muck about and then just toss in the memory and storage I want.

The maker of this case is clevo.

Anyone know any sites and can suggest something like this?

*Got email back they said they would not ship a non functional machine. Meh to them.

Last edited:
Thanks for link, these seem to be already with some components in. What I am trying to figure out is how these resellers get a hold of the bare case so I can put all my own parts in. Does clevo and msi only sell the base to resellers? Or is there a seller that will sell me just the mobo/case?

I did the search leads to clevo, msi and the like that lead to where to buy links that leads to people selling completed laptops. :/

Some of the links on msi lead to dead sites and companies that no longer even seem to offer their products either.

I will probably just end up buying a low spec and upgrading it instead, but I hate wasting parts/money.

Thanks anyways I have decided to give a complete build a shot and just upgrade it when its needed.

Going with a thinkpad y510. I hears good things for price/performance.

Last edited:
Back