• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anybody using a mat to keep their legs from burning when using their laptop ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dfonda

Senior Golfer
It doesn't need to be powered...Just soft on my legs and thick enough to prevent the heat....I use a mouse pad currently and that isn't cutting it. The ones I see are rigid on the bottom and meant for desktop use. Most of them are powered for fans...which I would be fine with if it had USB C...Do not see any like that.

I think a board or a cardboard would work better than the mousepad. :unsure:

Any other lazy users who use their laptop in their easy chair...
Post magically merged:

Ahh...added Easy Chair to the search and I think I found what I am looking for. :thup:

Last edited:
X2 Definitely do not recommend a regular cushion, like JLK stated.

We have a flat surface board which has a small bean-bag like piece attached to the underside to make it comfortable on your legs.

Honey-Can-Do TBL-06320 Portable Laptop Lap Desk with Handle, White, 23 L x 16 W x 2.5 H https://a.co/d/3T2uAau

Something like that (ours is super old and couldn't find it if I wanted to for sale) would at least put you in the right direction assuming the size works

While your lap might not get hot, a cushion might block cooling ports on the bottom of the notebook. That might make it run a lot hotter.
Bug's suggestion will keep you & the notebook cool.
If I can find a USB C one...I'll get one. Else that table. Legs are blocking the vents currently:p

The one I linked to should do fine...Unless I am not reading the room...The laptop gets to sit on its feet. That little light will come in handy....I often do paperwork in this chair at night.

Thanks for the advice folks :cheers:

Last edited:
Perfect! Right along the idea I mentioned. Glad you enjoy it!

Back