• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will this fit???????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CCamp318

I am building a mitx machine.

case: http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/products/chassis/colossus-mini-itx#specs

Specs: Materials Steel, Plastic, SofTouch™
Colors (Int/Ext) Black/Black,
Dimensions (WxHxD) 250 x 330 x 374mm
Motherboard Sizes Mini-ITX
5.25" Drive Bays x 1
3.5" Drive Bays x 5
2.5” Drive Bays X 8(5 + 2 + 1 )
Cooling Top 120mm x 2 (optional)
Cooling Front 120mm x 2 (1 included) or 140/180/200/230mm x 1 (optional)
Cooling Rear 120mm x 1 (included) or 140mm x 1 (optional)
I/O USB 3.0 x 2, HD Audio
Power Supply PS2 ATX (bottom, multi direction)

Rad1: 1x Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 240mm (top of Case)
Rad2: 1x Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 180mm Single (front of case)

I am wanting to make sure these will fit in a push-pull configuration.
Top will be cooling a fullboard plate.
Front will be cooling Graphics card.
:confused:

Welcome!

1. Don't bother cooling the motherboard... doesn't gain you anything, and is quite restrictive . For looks, sure, but performance... don't bother.
2. Just by looking at it, there is no way you could use a push/pull on any rad in any location.

Personally, I just do not think this is a good idea. For one you are watercooling a motherboard which outside of looks, is pointless. You are cooling a GPU with a 180mm rad, which, depending on the GPU (you didn't list any components), may not even be enough.

If it was me, I would go 180mm rad for the CPU, and 240mm for GPU and leave the board alone.

The cpu and board cooler is a all in one. and im not going for looks. going to fuctional and performance. the graphics card is a gtx 780 ti, not trying to set records just get a performance gain out of both. also i dont mind having to mount the 240 to the top of the case in order to do push-pull on it. if they dont fit i will just mount the top radiator to the top of case. thanks for your input.

Are you saying the board won't run without WC?

Also, are you planning on doing a single loop or dual loops?

I can tell you that, just like earthdog says, no need to cool motherboard.

Second, 240 + 180 is not enough, you may want to look into 200mm in front. Phobya make one, with 200mm in push it should fit without giving issues with the buttons on the side (which is am not sure this case has, but if its like the prodigy, it does)

Might help if you listed your complete system specs, ie: mobo (make & mode), CPU, water blocks you're planing on using etc.
+1..alluded to that in my post too!

780ti and board/cpu cooling on 360ish worth of rad... it will work, but temps won't be good...

Might help if you listed your complete system specs, ie: mobo (make & mode), CPU, water blocks you're planing on using etc.
+1..alluded to that in my post too!

780ti and board/cpu cooling on 360ish worth of rad... it will work, but temps won't be good...like air? Maybe worse? (whats the point then?)

I think OP is referring to the blocks EK has that cool the entire mobo for the ASUS Maximus VI Impact motherboard including CPU:

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/blocks/mot...s/intel-z87-series/ek-fb-asus-m6i-acetal.html

OP, the more information you can provide, the better. Complete specs, including clocks/overclocks, voltages, etc. will help provide you with a better picture of what you'll need. Otherwise all we can do is speculate, and that usually doesn't benefit anyone involved.

I think OP is referring to the blocks EK has that cool the entire mobo for the ASUS Maximus VI Impact motherboard including CPU:

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/blocks/mot...s/intel-z87-series/ek-fb-asus-m6i-acetal.html

OP, the more information you can provide, the better. Complete specs, including clocks/overclocks, voltages, etc. will help provide you with a better picture of what you'll need. Otherwise all we can do is speculate, and that usually doesn't benefit anyone involved.

Yup, I agree. :thup: I believe he was referring to that full MB plate as well.

OP, as stated a few times, please give us more information or else were stuck in the dark. :rain:

Thank you all for the input. I am looking at a possible case change and if not maybe some minor case mods to fit my needs for cooling. So i can further my research and make the best decisions. What would be the best rad for cooling the gtx 78o ti.(I.E Size) it will be on its own rad. and the mobo will be on its own rad.(size for mobo also). once i finish the rough draft build log. I will put it all on here for tweaking and suggestions. check back soon for more information and first draft of build log. Again thanks to all for the knowledge and will make sure to put full specs once i finish the first draft for the build.

CCamp318,

Your other thread which is a duplicate of this one has been deleted. Please don't make duplicate threads.

You can add information to your first post if needed.

Otherwise: :welcome:

Well, that is a pity. A bunch of people more than willing to help, and you just bail? Why? I do wonder why your post was not carried over here, but seriously... why would you leave us? We are willing to help????? Did your WAISTline get too big WASTING your time waiting for an answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back