• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Windows 8 doesn't skip BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RubyBeats

Registered
Hi I installed Windows 8.1 yesterday on my brand new SSD fully updated my system but i noticed that Windows 8 doesn't skip the BIOS post screen.

I want Windows 8 direcly to boot to my login screen how can I solve this ?

Last edited:
Windows 8 was never intended to skip the bios in the first place. the only way that can happen is if you arin hibernation I believe...

Like EarthDog mentioned, Win8 (or any OS for that matter) has nothing to do w/ whether or not the POST screen is visible during boot. Do you mean that after POST the boot process is stopping on an OS selection screen?

Last edited:
On that topic, there are two types of shutdowns in Windows 8.

For Windows 8 quick FULL shut down, instead of cutting power, you can also create a full shut down shortcut, just right click on Desktop > New > Shortcut

%windir%\System32\shutdown.exe /s /f /t 0

Otherwise Windows 8 will be doing a hybrid shut down:
%windir%\System32\shutdown.exe /s /hybrid /t 0

Oh okay well I had a laptop before with also a UEFI BIOS and it always skipped the POST screen the only way I could acces the BIOS was to enter the advance startup option menu in recovery settings.

-- I noticed that my Windows 8 was installed on a MBR partition table instead of a GPT EUFI so i re-installed Windows again on a EUFI partition table and the problem is now partly gone :)
I still see the POST screen but it boots much quicker now anyway ... thanks for the info !

Last edited:
Back