• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best sound card for Windows 7 gaming?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mage_x

I currently have an Audigy 2 ZS using Daniel_K's drivers, but it randomly goes crackly in games until I restart the game. I use Sennheiser HD280 headphones and have my PS3's audio going through the line in.

So, any good cards have full Windows 7 support?

Ive been in the same boat since I installed Windows 7 however I'm using the Onboard sound on my MSI GD70 and am totally impressed with it.My AuzenTech HDA X-Mystique 7.1 Gold sound card popped and crackled all threw out teh games I played.....Ill be keeping OB for now.....

Do you have any first hand experience with that card? After going through the newegg reviews it seems rather hit or miss with 7.

I've had 0 problems so far with my X-Fi (Xtremegamer). But my experiences are not everyone else's experiences, so I'd wait for input from others with the same setup.

I use an X-Fi Titanium. Nowhere near the sound quality of high quality dedicated components but it's the best possible mix for performance, quality, and features. Alternatively, get one of the souped up x-fi's...

I would certainly recommended Auzentech, based on the drivers alone. Upgradeable OPAMPS...

I don't see why so many make such a big deal about this. I'd prefer that it was simply bypass-able with little fuss. Hell, if they made that an option (and included it in the package) I'd be won over.

:rock:

Not a big deal to me, selling point for some. I bought the card because of the drivers, and took a chance with their less than stellar support.

Back