• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Could this be overclocked?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

a_coppard

Registered
I have a HP PC, with a E6600 processor running at 2.4GHz with only STOCK cooling, is there any way i can over clock the speed at all?
Any help appreciated.

Most Premade systems can not be over clocked as the bios's are cripled and locked down . You might be able to use Clock gen to Oc your system . Do you know whta kind of MB it has so we could try and help you frind the Right pll for clock gen .

I dont know what mobo i have, posted some details over in the Asus motherboard forum. I'm new to overclocking anyway so would need a walkthrough kinda thing.

I found out my mobo. And temps, running at around 55degress (iTunesand Firefox open). Could this be overclocked with the stock fan safely, and if i do overclock willl it invalidate warranty?

What mobo? :)
didnt really tell us :)

Technically, it would invalidate your warrantee, but in all reality, they will have no way to find out whether you have or have not overclocked it! :D (please dont kill me :D)

But as a big company OEM PC, u pretty much have 0% of overclocker friendlyness

It's a Basswood 1.5 version 1.40 temp currently 51degrees.
A) How to overclock it and
B) How can i cool it wohout spending anything.

A) buy a new mb that will overclock
B) not gonna happen

you need to do some reading before you just jump in and try to overclock your system, higher clocks and volts will mean higher temps, your motherboard cant overlock your cpu so you will need one that can you may also need better memory for higher clocks

your computer wont overclock anytime soon and not without spending money, so read and learn something

Yay plenty more money. Well all my system is stock, so I guess doing anything would incviladate my warranty, probably even modding the case with some lights......... Oh well thanks for advice, so I guess it's back to thinking aboutbuilding a PC

Back