• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The SECRET of overclocking revealed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah a good OCing mobo is probably one of the most important factors in OCing. Just do what I did, research research research! And ask questions! :)

Rick G said:
Hold on there batboy...I'll see your secret and raise you another one. The real secret to great ocing, even before the mobo, is the wealth of knowledge in forums like this one.

After the Beginners' Guide (where you'll get an understanding of the basic elements) and the CPU database (where you'll get an understanding of what's achievable), the best advise to fellow rookies is to read through a couple of months worth of posts from forum members. By the time you're done, you'll know what you need for the heart of your system.

It'll depend on short/long term objectives. You say potato, I say spud...You say tomato, I say marinara...well you understand. Some prefer AMD, some Intel. Some will oc the limits of a mid range cpu, and spend extra dollars on custom cooling and oc tolerant components...Some will go with stock cooling and standard components, and direct the extra dollars towards a faster cpu.

When my objective was a little ocing, the system I had was perfectly fine. When my objective was great ocing, the tips on what & where to get the right components (keeping price in mind) came from tapping the brains of veterans.

So the real secret revealed is...READ.

"That's all I have to say about that." (re: Forest Gump)

I have to agree. I read through all your forums for many days before I tried overclocking. It has taken about 6 months of research and reading these threads. Now I have my Pentium D 3.0G running at 3.6G and it runs at 49 deg under load. I could push it further I'm sure, but it runs perfect just the way it is so I want get greedy. I'd like to thank all the kick :clap: @$$ people on this forum for my new found knowledge. :clap:

Back