• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thoughts/Opinions/Experince about/on/with Cooler Master ATC-410 Aluminum case...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Coolermaster certainly makes a work of art! That said, my only problem with the case is the 3 5.25 bays. I use 5 out of 6 on my Lian-Li 76 (2 optical drives, Audigy plate, rheobus, and lcd). Other than that, the cooling abilities and striking design of this 410 put it in a class of it's own IMHO. Good luck with it:)

Wingit said:
Coolermaster certainly makes a work of art! That said, my only problem with the case is the 3 5.25 bays. I use 5 out of 6 on my Lian-Li 76 (2 optical drives, Audigy plate, rheobus, and lcd). Other than that, the cooling abilities and striking design of this 410 put it in a class of it's own IMHO. Good luck with it:)

I don't have it yet, but it is certainly under consideration (building a new comp in about 4 month)... Do you think a Vantec Nexus 201 fan controller would fit under that vented case door?

I'm using a Nexus 201 and the knobs protrude about 9/16" from the faceplate. The door on the Coolermaster looks pretty deep in the photo, but I have no way of being certain. Doubt if it's a problem. Just FYI the Nexus will adjust from 7v to 12v to alter fan speed, if you need something that will actually turn off fans completely you may want to investigate the Sunbeam unit. Also, make sure you get a newer revision of the Nexus if you decide to get one, as the earlier units appear to have had some problems with a screw that was not properly isolated from the pcb...do search on these forums for "Vantec Nexus Death/ Destruction Thread". My Nexus is a later revision that does not have this issue and it works flawlessly (so far!).

That's a heavy duty setup. I looked at that one before I got my Cooler Master ATC-110. I liked the 410 but in the end decided that the 110 had more of what I wanted to run a desktop box.

If you've never had a CM case, the quality and attention to detail are going to blow you away. The only corner they cut (at least on the 110) were the included fans. They were base-model, sleeved YS Tech fans with a Cooler Master hologram logo on one side. I gave them to my nephew to play with and bought Panaflos.

I don't think you'll be able to run a Nexus controller, however. As I remember (its been about six months since I saw a 410) there wasn't about a quarter-inch of clearence between the door and the drive bays. But if you want a definitive answer, just shoot Cooler Master an e-mail. Their customer service is pretty good.

BHD

S4000 is the bigger version of ATC-410.
S4000 will take an extended ATX board while ATC-410 takes only ATX board.

Back