• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DCUO (DC Universe Online)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Enablingwolf

Senior Member overclocking at t
Anyone else playing it? Is anyone looking forward to it.

I am a PS3 Plus beta sub and got a char going. So far past the freezing and stuff flat out missing or buggy. I think this might be a fun game. I know I been having fun past the bugginess of it.

It looks to be a multi-platform game, so in the general game section it goes.

/discuss

I'm looking forward to this one. I don't think I'll mess with the beta because it seems to ruin the magic for me. I'll just wait until it hits shelves, pick myself and my wife up a copy and game on.

For me I have a hard time getting into super hero mmos, something about 100,000 super heros in one city doesn't make sense. When I think of a super hero I think of a single, or pair, or group like xmen of heros not cities filled with them :) if it were just an xmen game with a city filled with mutants, then... Maybe I'm just weird

I guess I should try some of the newer mmos, I only played City of Heros for a lil bit

BTW thats one big tights filled city :)

The DCUO allows you to wear customized suits. I found so far, about 15 styles. There is more. Which makes for interesting character visuals. Plus think of this... How many DC superheros and villians are there? So it is not a city full of tights. :D I have yet to see the same hero's/villian's style in any of the toons folks are creating.
There is Gotham and there is Metropolis. Which you have to use the Watchtower/Hall of Doom to switch over to the cities.. Which makes for a totally different feeling in the same game. Not barrring that there is a PvE environment and a PvP. Then it has PvP events via Alerts and such.

...Plus you can be a Villian (Hall of Doom), or you can be a Hero (Watchtower). So that adds even more to the variety of the visuals. Plus the quests.

I did some of the quests in a group. For the most part I am solo. Not bad going alone, but it is best to be in a party.

At first I thought it would be kind of cheezy, but this game is not what I expected in a superhero MMO. My toon is mentored by Superman, so I can fly, but I use gadgets(Batman), rifle mainly. Which I like. Since I can hover and use ranged attacks. I was going to go another gadget route, but I like the rifle.

I wanted to get Green Lantern or Batman. But in the beta, I think it is going to be something special for pre-orders or something... Not sure.

Last edited:
Just checked the website and it's going to be released on 1-11-11. I'm super stoked, going to preorder when the cash comes in.

Just checked the website and it's going to be released on 1-11-11. I'm super stoked, going to preorder when the cash comes in.

There seems to be a quite a bit of gals doing the beta. So when it goes gold. She should fit right in. Plus all the girl based DC characters should make her happy and be able to find a toon to suit her. I ran across a number of higher lvl (20 is the beta cap) gals questing. I did Bizarro with some gal, and she was very good doing her part. I tanked/took pop shots and healed, she kicked Bizzaro's touche. I seen her use some neat 'specials'.

Find a good combo for you and your girl, and you should be a formidable team. Female toons are just as powerful as the male toons. They seems to have a good balance. Be it male or female.

I am going to sit this one out. I am tired of wasting tons of money on every single MMO to come out.

Yeah, I pick and choose. I haven't bought a new MMO since Champions Online (lol, another super hero game). I've actually only purchased a handful of MMO's and I've been playing since Asheron's Call.

Hey Wolf, think we should start a group for OCF members only?

I am about level 10 in beta. I have never played WoW, but I played Asheron's Call for about 7 years off an on. I have seen WoW played in youtube videos and I get the impression that this is just a copy of WoW using DC characters. There is too much running around doing nothing. The xp grind is horrible. You have a hard time soloing some of the higher level stuff (although thats to be expected). There are some very good looking suit/char. combos that it would be interesting to see the end result.

I just don't have the time to dedicate to a game, nor do I want to. Asheron's Call sucked many years out of my life, and I wish never to duplicate that again.

Good luck to those who are playing, but I think I will sit this one out.

I pre-ordered it and actually paid for it in full. Yeah, regretting it now. Anyways, I normally try all MMOs out. I'll pick it up today, but won't activate it until I hear how it is going. If there are too many issues, then I'll just wait until they are fixed.

Been playing WoW with some friends again, so I'm ok with waiting.

----

Actually, I ended up asking them for my money back. I'm done paying to beta test MMOs. The last one was FFIV.

Last edited:
There is NO way to share missions with other players!!!

Wife and I just went out and bought 2 copies, subbed, went through install and patching, made our characters and went out into the world. Yup, just canceled my sub. This is absolute BS.

There is NO way to share missions with other players!!!
Wife and I just went out and bought 2 copies, subbed, went through install and patching, made our characters and went out into the world. Yup, just canceled my sub. This is absolute BS.

You realize you get the first month free, right? If that reason alone made you unsubscribe, then you should go back to WoW anyway.

i dont get it...mmo that you cant share missions? so what do you do then? single play it with a bunch online?

no.. but that is an option if you wish. If you like MMO's then you will get your money's worth out of this. I was on the fence about it cause i knew nothing about the game and took a gamble, definitely paid(paying) off.

You realize you get the first month free, right? If that reason alone made you unsubscribe, then you should go back to WoW anyway.
I don't play WoW. And actually I'm back to playing this. My character is lvl 22 and I've been having a great time just solo'ing stuff until something comes along then finding an impromptu group. Wife isn't playing which is a disappointment.

And yes, I know the first month is free but if I'm enjoying a game then I'll just let the sub continue. Canceling the sub means I won't be continuing on.

I don't play WoW. And actually I'm back to playing this. My character is lvl 22 and I've been having a great time just solo'ing stuff until something comes along then finding an impromptu group. Wife isn't playing which is a disappointment.

And yes, I know the first month is free but if I'm enjoying a game then I'll just let the sub continue. Canceling the sub means I won't be continuing on.

fair enough.

It does suck not having people to play with that you know, i get bored solo'ing stuff.

They certianly have a lot of little things to work on still but im still waiting to see the end game content.

I just hit 30 yesterday. I haven't had a chance to try it out because we had an internet outage and then my router decided not to pull an IP until this morning and now it's time to go to class so maybe I'll get a chance later on today to check it out.

Back