• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Metroid Dread (Switch) puts hair on your chest.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dfonda

Senior Golfer
This switch game is so fun...and hard...I just got to the second Chozo Robot Warrior and his hit points are crazy. This guy is just a random mid Boss that is way harder than the real bosses I have encountered. I was killed 3 times last night and put it away. I know I am close, but the counter(To get health and torpedo's) is so small that I only got it once in 3 battles. I'll just go for attrition from now on and outlast him.

Not looking forward to the other bosses. It makes the Batman fights look easy. Also I am lost in the map most of the time. Following the linear route the game suggests tho I maybe should have backtracked to get more health tanks...If one even could?

Anyone else gotten through? I think I should not have started on "normal" as there was an easier Rookie mode that you can only switch to if you start a new game.

At the rate I am going it is going to take me 20 hours.:(

I haven't played a Metroid since I was on the NES (or was it sNES)? The first one. Where after you beat the game, you run through again w/o armor.

Looks neat!

I'm looking to pick it up eventually when I can find it on sale/re-sold for sub-$40. Seems the difficulty and exploration of the game is pretty divisive with the EMMI guys [or however you spell them] making it more suspenseful than older games. And the inability to backtrack after certain points as well really breaks from the normal formula for the games.

I'm looking to pick it up eventually when I can find it on sale/re-sold for sub-$40. Seems the difficulty and exploration of the game is pretty divisive with the EMMI guys [or however you spell them] making it more suspenseful than older games. And the inability to backtrack after certain points as well really breaks from the normal formula for the games.
It is a buffed up SNES Metroid very similar. That is why I like it so much Super Metroid is on my top 3 list of games all time. Poor Krad/Krag shows his/her ugly face again. LOL....They must have built the planet around him, sure wouldn't fit through where Samus has had to travel...😄

I can see a lot of folks getting this with high hopes and than rage quitting, never to play again. Any 8 to 10 year old has the skills...At 62 the Arthritis kicks in...😅

This switch game is so fun...and hard...I just got to the second Chozo Robot Warrior and his hit points are crazy. This guy is just a random mid Boss that is way harder than the real bosses I have encountered. I was killed 3 times last night and put it away. I know I am close, but the counter(To get health and torpedo's) is so small that I only got it once in 3 battles. I'll just go for attrition from now on and outlast him.
I must have been asleep last night...3 tries today shine sparking him hit him the first time than fumbled relearning the buttons...missed the shine spark the next 2 tries but by then relearned the controls and honestly didn't let him hit me again and I was done with him in a minute....That is how this game plays... one minute it is too hard the next day it is too easy.😄

Last edited:
BTW, the DLC includes a one+hit death mode. I don't know who asked for that, but if anyone can make it through the whole game without bumping into anything, I will just stand back in awe

BTW, the DLC includes a one+hit death mode. I don't know who asked for that, but if anyone can make it through the whole game without bumping into anything, I will just stand back in awe
I can see beating all the bosses without taking a hit. But then it would just be aggravating cuz any little hit would put you back to a starting point. I would especially be curious how you avoid being hit by those ones that blow up on you after the ice stage... If you leave their area they just follow you out reform and blow up again.. lol

I can see beating all the bosses without taking a hit. But then it would just be aggravating cuz any little hit would put you back to a starting point. I would especially be curious how you avoid being hit by those ones that blow up on you after the ice stage... If you leave their area they just follow you out reform and blow up again.. lol
Figured it out. It just get far away enough away in the same section and you get out of the blast. Radius. Took a break last night at 12:30 a.m. after meeting up with the experiment.lol

Freakin speed boost puzzles are killing me...I'll be happy with 90%.:( The game design is very good. Just wish the controls were not so nuanced that I can only speed boost off walls once every 50 tries. Once it starts it pretty much works itself, but that initial bounce is breaking my will.

I called it right for time, it will be 30 hours till I get everything.

I blew threw the whole game in about a week or so. Once you figure out the pattern of the bosses... it's actually pretty easy. It was a great return to form for Metroid. I felt it was a little TOO easy... but at the same time, if it was any harder, I probably would've gotten annoyed! :D

I blew threw the whole game in about a week or so. Once you figure out the pattern of the bosses... it's actually pretty easy. It was a great return to form for Metroid. I felt it was a little TOO easy... but at the same time, if it was any harder, I probably would've gotten annoyed! :D
Yeah if the bosses were as annoying as the speed/shine puzzles I wouldn't have finished...Pretty sure I never did a 100% in Super metroid either. ;)

The bosses were just right, everytime I felt myself getting really good at their patterns, they died and I was disappointed I couldn't keep playing them.

Back