• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

On the fence. New Intel build.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Speaking of Potatoes, at the rate our currency is being devalued, us Canadians are going to have to figure out a way to turn potatoes into motherboards in the next 5-10 years.
Didn't realize mentioning Obama was politics. Appologies.

BTW I don't agree about your sweet spot comment. I think the sweet spot varies from region to region. If you look at the kinds of parts people usually choose in latin america, we would consider those parts almost gutter-grade in North America, but that's what people buy because wages are low, currencies are suffering terrible inflation, and prices on parts are absurdly high.

So let's say, we all have the same job. I live in Canada, you live in the USA, and Pedro lives in Costa Rica. I have to work 20 hours to afford a Maximus VIII extreme, you have to work 15 hours to afford it, and Pedro works 30 hours while selling hats to tourists streetside on the weekends and can only afford to buy an AM1 motherboard.

Last edited:
I'm using this grotesque creature right now. Can't even SLI. Payed $110, and that's the inflated Canadian price. Probably like $75 USD.
I think your Asrock looks great.:) I'm using Gigabyte Z170 HD3 $99.00 USD overclocked i5 6600k to 4.5GHz.

Gigabyte Z170 HD3.jpg

UD5 should be here by end of week I hope! :clap:

Just need to find some RAM. I'm thinking G.Skill Trident? 3200? :shrug:

Will an XSPC RX360 v2 + a 140.2 rad be enough to cool the 6700K and a 1070?

I want to replace the rear rad with a thicker 140.2 rad but I don't know if that enough rad for all of this.
Any suggestions of rads? Noise is NOT an issue. I dislike silent rigs!

Plenty. I'd run the single 360 on those parts. You won't hit 300W between them... and you are well aware of our rule of thumb of 100w /120mm of rad. ;)

Back