• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.2E DO anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mark E. Smith said:
A member of my German home forum sells one. Does 3,8Ghz-3,9ghz@1,475v on water. 3,6-3,7ghz@default. Not really a must-have :)
not a must have but an improvement over the current E's

also his temps look great compared to the CO pressys.
i want the 3.2E DO and may try for the one above.

i have a feeling 4.5ghz is a possibility with my system.

"EDIT" NEWEGG ISNT SHIPPING DO'S! SORRY !!!!
take a look what ive found folks at newegg!
http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp?image=19-116-176-02.jpg
http://www.overclockers.com/tips00519/

im buying it! 2 weeks that DO is mine from newegg.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up Deathstar! I just ordered one of those from Newegg. It better be a SL7E5 or I'll be ****ed. :mad:

Here's a screenie of a SL7E5 @4.7 with chilled water. :drool: I can't wait to see what you can do with one with your cooling Deathstar. :attn:

4734.jpg

Yeah I know that's a lot of voltage, but just that it can reach high without LN2 or phase change is pretty impressive to me. I know of another guy that has one aircooled @4.1GHz with 1.58 volts. I'll be extremely happy if I can get it to 4GHz on air. That's my goal anyway. I'll probably end up disappointed, but WTH I'm gonna try. Watch me get the wrong stepping or a dud. :(

DocLiv said:
Thanks for the heads up Deathstar! I just ordered one of those from Newegg. It better be a SL7E5 or I'll be ****ed. :mad:

Here's a screenie of a SL7E5 @4.7 with chilled water. :drool: I can't wait to see what you can do with one with your cooling Deathstar. :attn:

4734.jpg
LUCKY DOG! get me one too! pretty pls?

id expect about 4ghz air and 4.5-4.7ghz on my prommy.wouldnt that be cool :)

yeh these better be DO's or im gonna be mad also.newegg does take actual pics for each line and i cant see older stock sneaking in behind these chips.

oh batboy get a DO you know you want it.buy it get 4ghz and then sell it to me cheap :) lol j/k!
actually if these were EO's i know for a fact you would have ordered one before even posting in the thread.

btw i sent ED at oc.com an email on this find so if he posts that info you better hurry and get one folks.

deathstar13 said:
LUCKY DOG! get me one too! pretty pls?

id expect about 4ghz air and 4.5-4.7ghz on my prommy.wouldnt that be cool :)

yeh these better be DO's or im gonna be mad also.newegg does take actual pics for each line and i cant see older stock sneaking in behind these chips.

oh batboy get a DO you know you want it.buy it get 4ghz and then sell it to me cheap :) lol j/k!
actually if these were EO's i know for a fact you would have ordered one before even posting in the thread.

btw i sent ED at oc.com an email on this find so if he posts that info you better hurry and get one folks.

Well, it's on it's way and will be here tomorrow. Whoot! :)

Yeah man, I can't wait to see what you can do with one and your prommy. I wish I had one. Someday....someday... Anyway, I really think these D0s will be pretty good. I saw a D0 2.8A @5.6GHz on the net today! 100% overclocks make me drool. :drool: I'll be home all day tommorow so as soon as it gets here I'll throw it in see how it is.

Oh yeah, BTW I did try that 22 BIOS and got another 200MHz out of my 2.4A. Thanks again.

DocLiv said:
Well, it's on it's way and will be here tomorrow. Whoot! :)

Yeah man, I can't wait to see what you can do with one and your prommy. I wish I had one. Someday....someday... Anyway, I really think these D0s will be pretty good. I saw a D0 2.8A @5.6GHz on the net today! 100% overclocks make me drool. :drool: I'll be home all day tommorow so as soon as it gets here I'll throw it in see how it is.

Oh yeah, BTW I did try that 22 BIOS and got another 200MHz out of my 2.4A. Thanks again.
wow hell of an improvement for just a bios switch!
just so you have a better oc when the DO gets there tomorow.i picked up alot more stability with heatsinks on all my cpu voltage mosfets.this was fine and got me the 4ghz in my sig.
but still 4.1ghz wasnt stable no matter what i did.

it would run for 1 minute to 5 under load then lock or reboot.but was stable while up.so made me think something was heating up and then couseing the reboot.
my pll chip was it. put a decent sized ramsink on it and now looks rather good at 4.1ghz now. :D

i think your on air it isnt as important until you start adding 1.5vcore to these prescotts and dont have that air flowing over the mobo from the cpu fan.
but with this new chip you will definatly wanna sink that mobo up.

ill be watching for updates tomorow as i live here anyhow.it better be a DO or ill be just as ****ed as you!

im buying 1 101% posatively 4sure on the first!

Thanks for the tip Deathstar. I've got some ramsinks laying around so I'll give that a try. I have no idea how my ram is going to do though. Ever since I've had this IC7 I've had a 533fsb cpu in it. The most I've had it up to 1:1 is 211 and 215 with the 4:5 divider. It's Corsair XMS3200, any idea how far they go 1:1? I'll probably be using the 5:4 anyway, but I want to see how far 1:1 will go first.

Yeah, this 2.4A is kinda weird. I'm getting 3.5 rock stable. It's boots @3.6 but windows refuses to load. Hell, even 3.8 boots up. It's kinda strange that their is such a fine line between stable and not booting to windows. Usually I could at least get into windows and get a screenie. But luck with this 2.4A.

man i keep laughing at that damn pig :D

your ram wont go far on the ic7 1:1 without a vdimm mod.ocz has new ram ocer thingy thats unamed so far but anyhow it will allow upto 3.9vdimm,check it out in the memory section.bad part is us ic7 guys will still need a VTT mod with it to work correctly.

anyhow you have the deviders. 5:4 and 3:2 just run it 3:2 and max vdimm and relaxed timings while ocing and start cranking them timings down once you get the cpu maxed and stabile.
might suggest some this bt-d43 i have if you can find it.is rather versitile runs 265 1:1 3.0-4-4-8 and 335mem 5:4 2.8vdimm 2.5-4-3-5
excellent bandwith,and its cheap. alot on it in the memory section also.
but hold onto that corsair i think you will find a nice spot with it.
ill be around as always to help if you need it tomorow.

BTW pm me with the stepping and numbers on the heatspreader tomorow and a pic if you can!im excited and it isnt even mine!

the fine line you mention in ocing where things are black and white with stabile ocing seems to only exist in intel land,i personally like it.
my rig acts the same way,and its alot better than when i used amd and run my rig stable for a weeks and all of a sudden things go screwy and programs crash and things just dont mesh.

Dang it... I couldn't resist... had to have a D0 stepping Prescott too... I just ordered a 3.0E SL7E4.

Here is what I did to my IC7-G. Red=mosfet sinks, yellow=clock generator sink like Deathstar mentioned, and blue=southbridge sink.

IC7-G+mobo+sinks.jpg

batboy said:
Dang it... I couldn't resist... had to have a D0 stepping Prescott too... I just ordered a 3.0E SL7E4.

Here is what I did to my IC7-G. Red=mosfet sinks, yellow=clock generator sink like Deathstar mentioned, and blue=southbridge sink.

LMMFAO! :D

if only i had that cash i would in a second also!
did it help when i said you could just sell what you replace with the DO? lol im sooo bad.but i know how this disease is.
ill have mine soon enough tho.
where did you order? the ebay link or find one retail?

mobo looks nice and ready,i really need to get my as3 epoxy here as i hafta keep checking mine to make sure they dont fall off.

so when you get it? i want pics!

From eBay. It'll be a while since I'm sending a money order. I figure that I'll have a 3.0C to compare it to now. Should make a good thread... 3.0C vs. 3.0E shootout. I ain't greedy... just hoping for a stable 4 gig on water.

batboy said:
From eBay. It'll be a while since I'm sending a money order. I figure that I'll have a 3.0C to compare it to now. Should make a good thread... 3.0C vs. 3.0E shootout. I ain't greedy... just hoping for a stable 4 gig on water.
yup yup will be some intersting results no doubt.snail mail sux i know thats how i hafta oder my newegg stuff as i dont use a CC :( but then turn around and get over night shipping lol im a retard sometimes i swear!

i will be dissapointed if you dont get 4ghz on it.you definatly have the knowhow and equipment just need a willing chip.

think that antec400 is upto the job? id guess it would be but you know how these prescotts love amperage.
im gonna have a sad day saying goodbye to my 2.8E when it goes.gotta sell it to cover the expense of the 3.2E
just got it finally 100% stable today 4.1ghz 1.5vcore also 5:4 235fsb mem 2.5-4-3-5 bandwith is now beating my best 1:1 scores also :)

batboy said:
The Prescott goes into the "blue" watercooled rig in my siggy, which has an Antec True Power 550w PS.
eeh my bad!
im really starting to get sick of aLL prescott bashing going on anymore.
would be nice to have some company as i swear im the only one owning one!

they arent for the normal person ill admit, but they do work well in the right paws.

im thinking about switching over from amd, just for the prescott. your right, it does seem like everyone is bashing them. but i want one, just for the g0su factor. im thinking one of those, a new waterblock, an evaporator, and some bad *** BH-5 action. can you recommend a good motherboard if i decide to go this route in my next system?

**subscribes to thread**

Does anyone have any info or sightings about slower DO chips? Such as 3.0 or 2.8?

My Ultra Modded IC7 should be at my house next week! And I am dieing to try one of the newer DO steppings.

OK...stupid question time! Will the DO stepping also be used for the North Woods??

Back