• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.2E DO anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Krag, look in Deathstar's first post... the second link is for an eBay auction for SL7E4 3.0E D0 stepping. If that particular auction is over, look at his other auctions, because he has several of those CPUs for sale. I bought one at the "buy it now price" and I sure hope it's legit... guess I'll find out.

Also, the new D0 stepping is just for the Prescotts. The Northwoods don't have a new stepping as far as I know. Most are still the D1 stepping with a few M0 steppings floating around for the 2.4C and 2.8C.

Don't forget the new socket LBA775 Prescotts will soon make their appearance too. These will all be the new D0 stepping. Since there were almost no C1 stepping Prescott socket 478 3.4E available or sold, the chances are good that it'll be a D0 stepping if you find a 3.4E for sale after the official June 20th release.

Thanks batboy & deathstar13...I am now the proud owner of a 3.0DO pressy. :thup: Man, I get sucked in way to easy on stuff like this thru these forums. :eh?:

Hi, my name is kraggy and I am a recovering pc hardware addict. I slipped up today. Yeah, I know, I'm supposed to stay away from people & places that have an unhealty influence on me but....I just had to have it. Believe it or not I heard it talking to me.

Ok, now we'll see just what this abby can do.

Refresh my memory, what exactly is different with this stepping? Performance & cooler?

Thanks for posting that pic batboy. Where do you get those tiny heatsinks?

Deathstar I'll post up some pics of the chip when it gets here. *taps foot impatiently whilst peeking out the window* :temper:

I hope top buy some new ram soon. I was thinking about that new Corsair XML with the uber samsung chips. If this thing turns out really fast I don't want to nueter it with low memory bandwidth.

I'm hoping that the enhanced power optimization will mean it will draw less power... meaning a little less heat being generated. The theory is that since Intel will be releasing a 3.6 Prescott soon, that these new D0 stepping Prescotts will O/C significantly higher than the older ones.

The changes occording to Intel:

1) CPUID will change from 0F33h to 0F34h
2) D-0 will feature power optimizations to enable speed enhancements.
3) For the rest the D-0 is fully the same as the current Prescott with C-0 stepping.

DocLiv said:
Thanks for posting that pic batboy. Where do you get those tiny heatsinks?

They're Microcool brand heatsinks and are available in several sizes. Not exactly cheap, but they seem to work well... much better than my first attempt of cutting up other small heatsinks I had laying around.

http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/vid-25.html?id=mT9ypmUg

http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/vid-24.html?id=mT9ypmUg

http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/vid-23.html?id=mT9ypmUg

http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/vid-22.html?id=tv5X7FsI

Last edited:
Thanks batboy. I'll have to get some of those.

Well my chip came, but it's not a D0. :mad: Oh well, this is why I don't gamble. lol. I guess I'll throw it in and see what I can get out of it. 3.4 I think is not out of my reach. lol :-/

Bummer. That sux, the pic clearly showed SL7E5, but newegg won't guarantee specific s-spec codes. Even the older stepping Prescotts will usually do 3.4 gig with default vcore.

DocLiv said:
Thanks batboy. I'll have to get some of those.

Well my chip came, but it's not a D0. :mad: Oh well, this is why I don't gamble. lol. I guess I'll throw it in and see what I can get out of it. 3.4 I think is not out of my reach. lol :-/
:mad: :mad: :mad:
man im sorry that didnt work.i dont know how the heck newegg can get older stock in behind a newer chip but who knows. this really puts a crimp in my plans.i will be ebay hunting i suppose.

gusgizmo said:
im thinking about switching over from amd, just for the prescott. your right, it does seem like everyone is bashing them. but i want one, just for the g0su factor. im thinking one of those, a new waterblock, an evaporator, and some bad *** BH-5 action. can you recommend a good motherboard if i decide to go this route in my next system?
ic7 or asus p4c800e but from what ive been reading id put the best money on the ic7 for its power output abilitys.

krag- did you go ebay? if you did did you paypal it or snail mail? im too nervous and hope these pan out.
the oc 12 step program sux and doesnt work,i had an easier time getting off crack! j/k no crack for me.

Docliv-can always return and pay restock fee,sux yes but mabey get what you want if these ebay sales pan out.

"edit" 3.2DO on ebay buy it now version- damn blood suckers!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3487132028&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

ty to 2FaST4U2C for the find!

Last edited:
No sweat Deathstar. :) I'm not really ****ed, just dissapointed that's all. I wanted a D0 soooo bad. :cry:

Well, I went ahead and installed it. I'm just running at stock ATM. Temps are not too bad. Idle is 57c with this 22 bios. They would read about 10c less with the 24 bios I suppose. It's a Costa Rica. :) I've always had good oc's with them. Anyway, time to go play around in the bios. :D

bios 22 absolutly is +10c higher temps than bios 24. abit did the temp adjustment in 24 and when i went back i missed it for a whole day and was like "WTH?" took me a minute to remember this.

i just use mbm5 to adjust my temps -10c but the bios still sees the other tamps so set bios warnings accordingly.

SL7B8 that the one they sent?
im wondering what the retail 3.2E's are but im not about to chance it.

Yep, it's a SL7B8. Got it cranked up to 215fsb, so it's running 3.4 at 1.34~1.36v. Quick question. Do you get better overclocks with HT turned off?

DocLiv said:
Yep, it's a SL7B8. Got it cranked up to 215fsb, so it's running 3.4 at 1.34~1.36v. Quick question. Do you get better overclocks with HT turned off?
ive read some about doing that,ive never turned mine off.i think it was mainly about running 3dmark tho.

will be nice if ya get 3.6ghz @Default vcore,well as close as abit allows default as i know 1.34-36v is low as it goes.

what cooling you useing btw?

Cool. I'm going to leave it on then. I multitask a lot so I think I'll get some use out of it.

Well up to 220 fsb now. Still default vcore. Temps up 1c. lol. I'm using a SLK900U that was given to me free. :D I have a 92mm Antec fan on it. I do have a Danger Den water block and a 220w pelt calling me from the closet. But I figure it's not worth the effort though.

Well I my concern about my ram was well founded. It didn't like 220fsb at 1:1.:p Time to go ram shopping. Going for 3.6 at default vcore. Be right back.

deathstar13 said:
ic7 or asus p4c800e but from what ive been reading id put the best money on the ic7 for its power output abilitys.

krag- did you go ebay? if you did did you paypal it or snail mail? im too nervous and hope these pan out.
the oc 12 step program sux and doesnt work,i had an easier time getting off crack! j/k no crack for me.

Docliv-can always return and pay restock fee,sux yes but mabey get what you want if these ebay sales pan out.

"edit" 3.2DO on ebay buy it now version- damn blood suckers!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3487132028&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

ty to 2FaST4U2C for the find!

Yes I did the ebay thing like batboy did. I am not sure what the shipping was I'll have to go back and look but it was $14 for ship/handeling.

HAHAHA AH AH AHA AHAHHAHAHAHHAH about the OC 12 step program!! :D :p :D

DocLiv said:
Cool. I'm going to leave it on then. I multitask a lot so I think I'll get some use out of it.

Well up to 220 fsb now. Still default vcore. Temps up 1c. lol. I'm using a SLK900U that was given to me free. :D I have a 92mm Antec fan on it. I do have a Danger Den water block and a 220w pelt calling me from the closet. But I figure it's not worth the effort though.

Well I my concern about my ram was well founded. It didn't like 220fsb at 1:1.:p Time to go ram shopping. Going for 3.6 at default vcore. Be right back.
start with 5:4 dividers then,keep timings relaxed until the cpu is at the max you want then go run memtest a million times and keep cranking them down.

yeh the pelts seems a pita to me.but maybe worth it with a prescott if you get around 4ghz.
these things really start picking up steam at 3.5ghz
try running super pi as you go to see changes in speed but be aware its not gonna be as great until the ram timings are tightened up.

krag said:
Yes I did the ebay thing like batboy did. I am not sure what the shipping was I'll have to go back and look but it was $14 for ship/handeling.

HAHAHA AH AH AHA AHAHHAHAHAHHAH about the OC 12 step program!! :D :p :D
kool deal this is one of my purchase options now also. only 2 more weeks.

what cooling you use?
and is your mobo droop modded? from what i been reading it has issues at 1.6vcore upto 1.7vcore with the C ships. and you should only be in the 1.4-1.5vcore range but i wonder how the pressy will affect voltage ouitput on that mobo?

Lol the first I've done is run Pifast at every speed. I hope I can beat my [email protected]'s time of 56s. 63s was my last one, but I have a lot of stuff running in the back ground.

Well 3.6 is looking good so far. Pretty good considering its 90+ outside and hot as hell in this room. Anyway here's a couple of screenies.

3200.jpg

3200Pressy.jpg

looks rather impressive so far.
3.6ghz @Default is extreamly well.my 2.8E only did 3.2ghz defualt.

keep a close eye on that pwm temps while priming.prescotts are beasts at over heating that,cousing alot of instability in ocing,usually after 1.4vcore tho.

Yeah those high pwm temps always worry me. How are yours?

I'm pretty impressed as well. I didn't expect to get this high on default vcore. Good 'ol Costa Ricans. lol. Hey, how can I found out what week this was made and stuff? Just curious. Thanks for all your help Deathstar. :thup:

Back