• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.2E DO anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got a response back for the eBay dude... for what it's worth.

I am just discovering that today that among the 15 I have, there's a mix of both. I will keep you posted and will make it right. Sorry for the confusion. I am just discovering that the SL rating matters to some people. To me they're all just 3.0 Prescott. I am in the process of calling overseas and ordering cpus. But I need to find out the SL rating to see if I can meet your requirements.

This is what he sent me. i previously told him that I would accept a SL7E4 or a SL78Z, which has been a very good oc're.

I will make an overseas call tonight to ask my supplier if he can send in some of the SL7E4 or even the SL78Z. I didn't know that there was a mixture of both kinds of cpu in the 15 I bought. I will keep you posted

:) We just have to remember, that where an overclocker sees a 3.0 that will run at 3.7+ a no ocer just sees a regular old stock rated processor. The only thing that sounds amiss with this guy is the fact that he has an "overseas supplier" and he doesn't know that stepping can be important to certain people. Hmm...you'd think that if he is dealing in that many processors this would have come up before now.

Myhre said:
:) We just have to remember, that where an overclocker sees a 3.0 that will run at 3.7+ a no ocer just sees a regular old stock rated processor. The only thing that sounds amiss with this guy is the fact that he has an "overseas supplier" and he doesn't know that stepping can be important to certain people. Hmm...you'd think that if he is dealing in that many processors this would have come up before now.
ive run into several dealer,managers and the likes at pc stores and trust me they have no clue on steppings and what they even are let alone why we want them.

bat while your talking to him ask if he can hook me up with a DO if he snags an extra or something.

i sent this guy a email earlier and he has no extra DO's but i didnt ask him to double check the stepping which i sent another email a few minutes ago.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3487468055&rd=1,1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

i talked to the guy who had my prommy modded and it will take quite a bit of modding to make my prommys head fit these new 915/925 mobos with those caps in the way.

I'll email him back and ask that if he finds some D0 steppings, I'd like to score two of them. You are willing to take a 3.0E? We can work out details via PM if you want one.

batboy said:
I'll email him back and ask that if he finds some D0 steppings, I'd like to score two of them. You are willing to take a 3.0E? We can work out details via PM if you want one.
eeek i forgot they are 3.0E's no ill pass. i need 3.2 at least.
i think my mobo is why i cant take my 2.8E higher. the chip seems willing but the mobo is having a hard time over 295 fsb

This is the latest from him... interested? Since Intel is undoubtly speed binning the higher speed CPUs, the 3.4E D0 might really fly.

Have you considred getting the 3.4 Prescotts? They are SL7E6. I have those. $395.

batboy said:
This is the latest from him... interested?
yes but sadly i dont get paid until the first :(

that investment would definatly keep me set in cpu/mobo with no upgrade needs for a while.

GOLLY GEE IM ALL WHITE! :)

heh! He sent me the same thing:

I just thought about this, are you considering the Prescott 3.4 SL7E6 at all? Cause those I do have for $395.00, no waiting.

But I am only on air...SLK 948u...so I would have to get some better cooling to take advantage of it. and...I have no plans for anything other than air for the next year or so.

krag said:
heh! He sent me the same thing:

But I am only on air...SLK 948u...so I would have to get some better cooling to take advantage of it. and...I have no plans for anything other than air for the next year or so.
with good air i feel 4ghz easy with that chip.
but thats alot xtra $$$ over what you intended so may not be worth it.

17x265=4.5ghz :) and i can do that 1:1 lol
oh well we will see.

With my system... even on water... the 3.4E puts me in a bad place for RAM using the 1:1 ratio. A little too much FSB for my BH-5 RAM since I don't have a vdimm mod... and way too low for my Hyperram PC4200.

Deathstar, PM me if you are interested. Maybe we can work out something.

batboy said:
With my system... even on water... the 3.4E puts me in a bad place for RAM using the 1:1 ratio. A little too much FSB for my BH-5 RAM since I don't have a vdimm mod... and way too low for my Hyperram PC4200.

Deathstar, PM me if you are interested. Maybe we can work out something.
ygpm btw.

about the ram? hmmm im not so sold 1:1 has to be run.
17x250=4250 which might be possible on h20 and 1:1 wouldnt be bad on the 4200 and my ram lets me drop my timings to 2.5-4-3-5 at that speed.

bh5 would be at 210-220 5:4 not bad if you can keep 2-2-2

i do agree a 3.0 or even a 3.2 would be more fitting.

At 250 FSB, which is probably overly optimistic with a 3.4E on my system, using the 5:4 ratio puts the RAM at 200 MHz (not 210-220). That's not what I want. Gotta be a 3.0E with my setup.

i was fooling in my bios the other day with the strap settings,at 533 i think i was able to axcess 4:5 dividers but didnt try em.might be an option if that works?

anyhow hopefully he has one for you.:)

The IC7's 4:5 ratio don't work on 800 bus processors for some reason. I've heard this from other people, plus I tried it too. Just plain won't boot... even at below default FSB speeds.

batboy said:
The IC7's 4:5 ratio don't work on 800 bus processors for some reason. I've heard this from other people, plus I tried it too. Just plain won't boot... even at below default FSB speeds.

Heh..heh! With the new OCZ memory volt mod coming out, no one will need 4:5 anymore...bye-bye!

DocLiv said:
Sorry you guys didn't get D0s. I know how you feel. Man, those are some elusive little suckers. :mad:
damn that pig! :D

yeh its getting rough finding one.in my 775 mobo thread i posted a screeny of intels new steppings and no 478DO's on it but the 1 533 2.8E
seems a few mabey went out tho.

yeh i just tried it also batboy,no go.
mabey they will have new stepping later but will be a while tho im sure.all the DO's i saw were 775.mabey those EO's rumered might be real as they are due something and they might be working out lower power usuage or something.

Hey Deathstar I was reading your other thread earlier....those new mobo's. Do they have the "20 safe insert" limit on them? Also is the FSB on these First Gen 775 chips really max out at 20% with the modified bios that Asus and Gigabyte have put out? If this is really what the next go around has in store for us all then I might try and score a 3.4E DO, and just sit on my current system for about a year and a half. Maybe even mix in an AGPX800XT instead of moving towards PCIE.

deathstar13 said:
damn that pig! :D

yeh its getting rough finding one.in my 775 mobo thread i posted a screeny of intels new steppings and no 478DO's on it but the 1 533 2.8E
seems a few mabey went out tho.

yeh i just tried it also batboy,no go.
mabey they will have new stepping later but will be a while tho im sure.all the DO's i saw were 775.mabey those EO's rumered might be real as they are due something and they might be working out lower power usuage or something.

Oink! Oink! Hee hee. :)

Hey Deathstar. I was looking at the Intel spec finder. There are 478 D0s listed. In fact two different 3.2 E's. :confused:

Edit: my bad, I didn't see the 775 on the right. :bang head Funny they don't list these D0 478's.

Last edited:
Back