• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI K7T Turbo with a AMD Duron 1k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mwood

Registered
My Duron 1000Mhz is running on a MSI K7T Turbo2 motherboard. I want to test it by switching the "J17" jumper to run my CPU at 133Mhz. The standard for my CPU is 100Mhz with is the other option for jumper "J17".
When I try to start my computer the whole **** frezzes and the screen is all black.
I have 2 memory chips on 128Mb running at 133Mhz.
I realy cant see any problem why the computer should not run at 133Mhz. I know that others had succesfully overclocket the same chip and processor.

Please help me, maybee I have forgotten something?!:(

Firstly it has to be unlocked. If you are running at 10x100 then the multiplier has to be changed at 133 to 7.5. I doubt very much that you will be able to run at 1.333 straight off.
I had a Duron 800 on the K7T Turbo Raid V3.0 running at 8x140=1120.

u forgot one thing....one very very important thing...

NOT EVERYTHING DURON 1G CAN RUN @ SPEED OF 1.33GHZ..:rolleyes: if just want to run the chip at 133fsb, then unlock it with a pancil then u are all done, if u wanna it to run at 1330ghz..then that'z a different matter. a good stepping morgan will do 1.2+, for 1.33? u have to get really lucky.

Back