• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Comments about liquicool

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gone_fishin

BandSaw King
I have not seen this posted here yet. This is a compact sort of watercooling solution for servers I believe. There is a wealth of info on their site. What do you think? I personally think it would work for default running but overclocking I just can't see how it could compare to a system with more flow rate and a larger heatercore.

I'ts over here

Looks like it would work great. It's small, I'll bet it's quiet, & according to their graphs it cools well. It says "available from 60 watts to 500 watts" does that mean it will cool 500w of heat?

This post deleted by its "derogatory and insulting" author so that it will not be (so) necessary
"to defend the little guys against the tyranny of the know-it-alls."

Last edited:
Need more details, particularly of the dimensions of the "simulated cpu heat source" , before any conclusions can be drawn.The "goop" thermal resistance of about 0.05c/w would be of be of interest if the dimensions of the "simulated cpu heat source" were known.
Referring to the "goop" as a "thermal solder" suggests,to me, an Indium alloy or a TherMagic™ related concoction.

I have written to Liquicool requesting a little more info, perhaps they will allow us to review one. I also asked for an ETA for these to be sold at the retail level.

If I hear anything I will post a reply in this thread.

Naturally if it's a NDA type of correspondence I will only reply back what I'm allowed......But this looks interesting for sure ;)

I think that a design similar to that may become a model for the future. A compact, serious cooling solution that does not require a lot of skill to install.

Further down the line, I could see that type of thing being standard on mass market pc's as well. There may be a time when we find it stange that pc's were ever cooled with "primative" fans and heat sinks...

Quote from the site:
"The MPM (enclosed within the radiator housing) combines both liquid pump and cooling fan, hence eliminating the need for separate power supplies, and controls. Cold plate and radiator components are constructed of copper for the highest possible heat transfer. Thermal solders allow for better wetting and high heat conduction between the processor and cold plate interface. Coolant volumes are kept to a minimum, and the system includes features to trap even the slightest leak. "

At first glance you might guess a heatpipe but in the description it is a water loop with a pump.

nice find. i'll be following this thread as well, i'd like to see some r/t performance results from this thing.

I've seen this site before, and am glad they didn't just die out. The version they had before looked to be pretty much the same configuration as this one, though it's gussied up some now.

I agree that "handling" alot of wattage is evasive, I'd like to know if it will keep the processor within 15C of room temps like the system I have now, and how it would handle a good overclocker's whooping. :D
Afterall, the stock hsf's will "handle" and Athlon (ie keep it from melting).

*BUMP*
any news?
if this thing is what it appears to be, and can do what they claim it can, I may end up skipping the messy D-I-Y step from now on :eh?:
ok, maybe I won't, there's just something gratifying about hooking up that "bad @$$" water-cooling setup and knowing that it's cooling the h*** out of your OC'd cpu because of the mods you did with your own 2 hands!!

Back