• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

n00b question about OC'ing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DogfooD

Registered
Hola~

I currently am running a Liquid cooled AMD1700+ running at 1.7Ghz. I have a MSI K7T-266a.

My question is, as far as I know, my proccessor speed should be bus speed * multiplier, but for some reason when I do the math, things don't add up. like setting my bus speed to 133 and multiplier to 12 I get a SiSoft report of 1500 Mhz and my math tells me it should be 1596. Currently, I have it set to (I think, going from memory) a bus speed of 150 with a multiplier of 11 and it gets me the 1700Mhz exactly. Even then, the math says it should be running 1650Mhz. It almost seems that adjusting the multiplier does nearly nothing, and adjusting the bus speed is making all of the difference.

I plan on pushing the chip harder depending on stability, but I'm talking baby steps as this is my first time OC'ing a proccessor.

I unlocked the chip myself from the nice FAQ's and screenshots aquired from this site

First of all WELCOME
second congradulations on the unlock of your CPU also.
third.what does your Bios say its at when you start the computer?
also what does your windows properties window state it is?
I know that 3dmark2001se dont read it correctly,I use wcpuid personally it tells the truth! good luck and let us know what you get it up to on that CPU

mark2k I'm going on a wild guess but I take it your a INTEL fan and not much of a AMD? A xp 1700 runs at if I remember correctly at 1466Mhz and he has it overclocked to 1700Mhz for a overclock of 233Mhz.If I am misunderstud your post then I stand corrected and Im sorry.

theamdkid said:
Hey hardass how did you get that cat so scared?way cool film.lmao everytime I see it man
You really don,t think I would do that to a cat do you?:D It,s not my cat Bro.;)

theamdkid said:
no idont think anyone would do it on perposly but way cool film to say the lease.

Yes indeed, I love my avatar I was lucking just came across it here, and got Uber~PhLuBB to give to me.

Yup, the 1700+ runs at 1.47GHz factory. And thanks for the Gratzez :) The bios also reports the chip running at 1700 exactly.

Back