• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VP6 & ATI AIW-8500DV Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Portage

Registered
I am having a lot of difficulties installing an ATI AIW-8500DV in my system. I could really use a little advice from people who have already installed an ATI video card with this mobo. I have been trying to set-up my system to use this video card, but when ever I try to install the ATI video drivers the system locks up and reboots after selecting the user in XP; if I don't install the ATI drivers everything seems to be stable.

I have installed the YT bios. I have removed all other devices. I have done fresh installs of XP, installed the latest Via 4-in-1, then proceded to install the video drivers but with no luck.

I recently got a list of recommended bios settings (not specificly for this motherboard) and will try them but if they don't help I would really appreciate any suggestions that you guys might have - I am getting really sick of installing XP. Let me know.

Back