• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P4B533

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

misterman87

HI everybody it's me again well i have a asus p4b533 board and I think I found the problem with the low benchmarks it only has auto, 1:1 & 4:3 ratio after 132fsb only because I have a p4 2.26B cpu that needs high fsb so now i'm stuck I wish I have known that this board works this way I would have not purchased it this board sucks the only good thing it has is a lock for the agp and pci other then that no big deal anybody know about a better board to use with this cpu also I have it running at 1:1 ratio only because this is where it gets the highest benchmarks and they still suck it's a shame that i have all this other good stuff in this computer wasting away also have a new cooler coming in shortly AX-478 awell also I forgot to tell you guys that I have just come from AMD land to the INTEL dark side I may be interested in selling this board if I can't get it to perform better I just purchased it any suggestions welcome Thanks guys :mad:

P4 2.26B @ 2.720mhz stock cooling
asus p4b533 Intel 845E Sh_tset
corsair xms pc2700 cl2 2x 256=512
Western Digital 120gb 7200rpm 8mb cache
ati 8500 128 275/275 retail
sound blaster audigy platinum retail
winfast tv 2000 xp tv tuner
realtek nic card
plextor cdrw 40x12x40a
pioneer 106s slot dvd
p/s antec 430 true power
speakers logitech z560

Last edited:
I feel for ya, I found out the P4B266 series boards are lacking on the memory multiplier options past 132 after I bought mine. The Intel chipsets support more options, Asus for some reason has decided to not make them available. Asus has been sucking lately when it comes to maximizing your memory on their boards.

I think the Abit BD7-II based on the 845E chipset has more options and you can lock the AGP/PCI bus but I need to look into it before buying one to replace this board I have now.

Last edited:
Back