• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

850MHZ P3 what can it go too?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

djriggs

Registered
System spec

850Mhz coppermine P3
256SDRAM
128 ATI ALL in one Wonder 32mb

i did once push it too 1.120 but it crashed and beeped like crazy
m/b lacks major clocking features but I can push the FSB

What board are you using?, I would think 1 ghz should be no trouble, but may require a voltage bump to stabalize it. I had my celeron 600 up to 1 ghz but it did require extra voltage.:)

I dont know what board it is , I know that I can push fsb and it dosnt have a voltage increase, 1ghz p3 would e very nice , would require aditional cooling, Im thinking of the 60mm delta on my current heatsink, should knock it considerably lower I would of thought

Find out all you can on the mobo, to see if it can handle 133FSB(as in does it have the right PCI dividers to keep the PCI and AGP in spec. at that FSB).

What cooling are you using?
You should look up the Vid pinning(or Wire Trick as it's also known) to increase the Vcore for better overclocks. Increase the amount of cooling you are using too as there will be more heat.

Is your RAM PC133 or PC100?
PC100 should go to 124FSB(if the manufacturer followed the PC100 standard).

Back